Possibly a stoopid question

What happens if ye run out of ad blu? Will yer truck still run?? Go easy on me i am a green horn.

Goes into reduced power mode I believe.I’ve never let it run out.So can’t give you a definitive answer.

Yes, as I understand it, but your company won’t be too impressed if you do :wink: - it should be topped up before it gets to half way down as it crystalises and gets a bit messy in the tank. Simple answer is to not let it run out :slight_smile:

I don’t personally have ad blue on mine but I don’t think running out will stop you running. Will do nothing for your emissions and you’d need a ■■■■■ good excuse for the vostapo if you get a pull though. Oh and don’t worry about asking silly questions you’ll look more a ■■■■ if you don’t ask one day and do something really stupid :slight_smile:.

Cheers lads i dont plan on running oot but i only had 1/4 tank this morning but i only rum round glasgow so i knew i didnt need any. I was just wondering. But should i top up at a half tank?

Big Al the frying scotsman:
What happens if ye run out of ad blu? Will yer truck still run?? Go easy on me i am a green horn.

AdBlue: The facts (A handbook for AdBlue users)

Cheers tacho i will be reading that on ma break tommorow and i will be fillin ma tank before i head oot for the day

Top up when you want but I’d hope you don’t run on fumes before filling up with diesel, it’s the same principle running on fumes to often can’t be good and Sod’s law the day you have quarter of a tank and you think you’ll be local so you’ll do it later you’ll get a phone call and sent to god knows where mske sure you have enough of everything in the morning that way you won’t look like a ■■■ waiting for someone to bring you some adblue or diesel whilst your blocking a main road up :slight_smile:.

Atleast it gives me a real exuse for blockin a road instead of my ■■■■■■■■ parkin

To be safe, keep it at 3/4 full. Did my CPC module with this on last week.

This is why i joined this forum cos i aint learning anything from the cowboys i am workin for just now. The joys of agency work

DAF agent said fill at 1/4 tank and not to keep filling after every trip ie use a 1/4 and fill it as crystal’s build up and by allowing it to drop to 1/4 of a tank it allows the ad-blu to slosh around breaking up the said crystal’s so we would always fill when 3/4 empty .

Well thats aboot where it was when i finished so i will top up in the morning before i head oot on my run.

remember straight from the pump and do not to use any out of a non add blue container as any contamination gets very expensive,££££££££££ thousands not hundreds, one litmus type test in the tank and if it changes colour you need a big wallet.

Big Al the frying scotsman:

According to a piece in Trucking magazine, running out of AdBlue will mean the torque will be reduced to 60% of normal, which means your vehicle will slow down drastically (to about 20mph if laden).

Interesting points nick & IndigoJo!

There is a huge tank out in the yard i filled up big jugs (yeah yeah i said big jugs) and funelled it in and all the drivers do this will this be a problem?

Ask Simon on here what hapens as his ad blue tank split while he was away working it did lose some power

I wont be running oot cos the last thing i need is less power i can bearly get up the hill south bound on the m77 with half a load.

If you run out just drive to the nearest farm and get Giles to get one of his sheep to piddle in your tank.

Same stuff according to our CPC trainer :unamused: