Possible work for newly qualified

Hi

I’ve been told Tuffnells depot in DA17 is looking for 7.5 tonne drivers, and are willing to accept newly qualified.
It is a multidrop work around London, 60 drops on average per day and the pay is 430 before tax per week.
Hours : 7:30 - 18:30
You need to have your own sat nav and the route is not prearranged in the right order, you need to do this yourself.
That’s what I’ve been told.

Thanks

Hi guys

Has anyone contacted Tuffnells in Belvedere about some work?
Has anyone taken the offer and has done some work for them doing multidrop around London?
Has anyone ever worked for them and how would you rate this company and work conditions?
What do you guys ( experienced and newbies) think about the job described in the OP and conditions offered?

I’m interested about other peoples honest opinions about the job offer and conditions, I posted earlier.

Thanks

Never worked for them but I’ve heard that the depot in Leighton Buzzard used to have regular Mass Sackings due to a lot of stuff going missing, which seems a bit unfair to anybody whose honest & just gets on with the job.
Multiple dropping 50 or 60 a day will keep you fit & you will soon learn the area you are working in.

What’s interesting is that I started this thread just over 2 weeks ago, it’s had over 180 viewings, I bet most of these viewings were made by newly qualified drivers either not having a job or those working through some agencies, many of them in London and surrounding areas, but we haven’t had any comments from people phoning the company enquiring about the opportunity.
It either means no newly qualified driver needs a driving job or conditions offered by Tuffnells were not good enough even for newly qualified drivers.
I wonder which one is it?

60 drops on average per day and the pay is 430 before tax per week.
Hours : 7:30 - 18:30 You need to have your own sat nav and the route is not prearranged in the right order

Wow what a golden opportunity! In London as well!! I just can’t understand why newly qualified drivers aren’t turning up in droves and fighting one another for this splendid chance. :unamused:

I worked for Home Deliveries driving a van in Croydon in 1979 when there was less traffic and I knew the route like the back of my hand, spent an hour and a half loading the van in order of drops for the next day. I used to average a 110 drops a day. Thing is it was good pay at that time and I had to learn Croydon and upper Norwood to the degree where I could have passed the knowledge.

Ive asked tuffnels for work bin told i need 20 percent cpc which i dont have