Possible class 1 job

I got a phone call today from a company I have written to.
The job is basically tramping, away all week for £20k a year, plus early start bonus (which you are guaranteed on tramping) of £960 and a £1000 yearly bonus, £700 of which you get at xmas and the other £300 is divided into quarters as a damage-related bonus.
It doesn’t seem like much money considering you are going to be out all week and doing a lot of hours. What do you think?

I forgot to mention that you get £20 for a night out, too.

It all depends on your circumstances and whether or not you want to be out all week.
Personally, id want at least £400 in the bank for four nights out.

£20 per night out isn’t much.

What else do they pay for,parking,maps,tolls etc? If not,then think about this cost as well,because it’ll come out of your pocket,and then your £20 is worthless.

Our trampers can take home about £500+ for 5 nights out,and a 6th shift,( £695 gross.) which usually means either,Sunday to Friday,or Monday to Saturday,using your legal rest day working.( 2 on,1 off.) Everything else is paid for,except maps,but there’s always a way around that. :wink:

Ken.

Thats £422.31 per week, add your £20 night out money, thats £502.31 per week gross. Thats not bad, in my opinion.

Its abysmal.

Work on 60 hours a week which is in reality 70 hours at basic rate (assuming time and a half after 8 hrs).

So…£422/70 = £6.02 hr. :open_mouth:

Wow…a whole 2 pence an hour more than I was earning back in 1998.

Wants to be at least another £50 not including night out money. I would have thought most places around your area would be on £7+.

ispose it depends on what you like to do, i get just shy of 20k working 7 till 5 on class 2, all easyish work carrying insulation to sites and no hassel

from the info youve posted id guess thats phil hanley your talking about?
highbridge flyer works for them, maybe hed give you more info on the job. ive had 3 or 4 mates go to work for them, i heard they were stopping tramping from bilsthorpe and doing it all at grantham. in my opinion you should be looking at between £400 and £500 take home for a week away, plus parking paid.
p.s phil hanleys have a lot of agency drivers earning BIG money tramping.

Thanks for your replies, you are right JB, it is Phil Hanleys.

To be honest I’m on more money at the moment doing class 2 work. I’m home every night (haven’t had a night out yet this year). I am probably better staying put.

its alright thinking about 5 nights out but i dont do nights out anymore but i wouldn go back to it from nothing to 5 to much of a culture shock… never liked 5 out anyway 4 was enough and a night at home mid week.
money sounds ok though.

theghostofcain:
Thanks for your replies, you are right JB, it is Phil Hanleys.

To be honest I’m on more money at the moment doing class 2 work. I’m home every night (haven’t had a night out yet this year). I am probably better staying put.

Agree with Conor , its crap :unamused:
theghostofcain stay put man, if you were unemployed it would be a start I suppose or inexperenced on Class 1 but I d be stuffed if I would leave a decent job to work there. Id want 30k just to compensate having such a ■■■■■ coloured uniform for starters :exclamation:
I do 5 days which I admit are sat and sun included and will take just over 30k before tax plus about 3k nights out , meals etc which is tax free and this is doing the same sort of work as HanLeys.
Their wages may explain why most of their drivers look as though they have been sucking a lemon all day :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: s

Does Phil Hanley run fridges or is it general haulage, and, is his yard at Belle ‘Au’ Park?

Smudger

SMUDGER:
Does Phil Hanley run fridges or is it general haulage, and, is his yard at Belle ‘Au’ Park?

Smudger

Hi Smudger…the answer is Yes to fridges, Not sure about General Haulage but they have Trampers so maybe from Grantham or there is another depot somewhere, So? and Yes they are at Belle Eau Park, Bilsthorpe.