Possibility of new Bank Holiday England only

We have less Bank Holidays in England than the majority of Europe so why not lets have an extra days holiday perhaps St George’s Day? When would you like to have an extra day?

They should have St.George’s day, take the flag back.

Also the Union Jack might not be as unioned after the vote…

If Scotland get independence the Union Flag could look like this …

union flag.jpg

I always thought Purdey got a raw deal with only her “little bit of white” in the motif.

Still, you can’t say this clip ain’t truck related though. :smiley:

Figures from a few years ago show britain works the 3rd highest amount of hours in Europe. There will not be an extra bank holiday, because it doesn’t suit those with the most influence over the government (not the voters)

whats it gonna be
ALLAH day :unamused:

nick2008:
whats it gonna be
ALLAH day :unamused:

That’s alright by me. If it’s an extra day off, I don’t care what they call it.

Ched:
Figures from a few years ago show britain works the 3rd highest amount of hours in Europe. There will not be an extra bank holiday, because it doesn’t suit those with the most influence over the government (not the voters)

Which two Countries work more?

In 2011 was Austria and Greece … Not so sure Greece tops the charts these days

Poor old Greece, dreadful business.

The only thing with St George’s Day is that it is around the Easter and May Bank Holiday dates. It would be much nicer to have a day off in October or November. It’s a long way from the summer hols and August Bank Holiday until Christmas, so an extra day off somewhere between summer and Christmas would be nice.

Si has it right. We could call it “Truckers appreciation day!”

maybe have 5th November and celebrate terrorism?

no thanks

it will just be one more day that i dont get to choose when i take off.

yes, you read that right, the company include bank holidays in our total holiday entitlement.

Bank holidays are dead when it comes to days off, time & a half, double time or even a day off in lieu, so whats the point in having any at all.

qwakers:
no thanks

it will just be one more day that i dont get to choose when i take off.

yes, you read that right, the company include bank holidays in our total holiday entitlement.

The legal minimum requirement is 20 days, plus 8 days for bank holidays. This is considerably better than it was a few years back when the minimum holiday requirement first came in, when lots of employers gave 20 days including the bank holidays. I don’t see why having an extra bank holiday would cause you any problems, you’d still have your 20 days legal minimum holiday after all.