Positive media for a change

southwales-eveningpost.co.uk … story.html
Well done driver.

Sorry for being a [zb],but the driver should not have moved anybody due to risk of paralysis with a broken neck or back.If the car was going to catch fire,then use caution and stabilise the neck and back to remove casualties.
Another thing is the risk of being sued for injuries.As the UK is like America with a sueing culture.
At the heat of the moment he thought on his feet.

+1

They do say us drivers are more likely to be first on scene. I think first aid is in order for all drivers as part of the job, but that’s just an idea. maybe make it part of the CPC

+1 it would certainly make the dcpc look as useless as it is. Who ever thought of that obviously has no idea of the way transport works.

Friendberrys in Taunton do a 7 hour DCPC course on “First on the scene”.

They go through everything you need to do when confronted with an accident, including basic first aid and CPR.

Probably the only DCPC course I have come across that would be useful.

I did some basic First Aid on my ADR course :slight_smile:

southwales-eveningpost.co.uk … story.html

Top man. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .

A lot of praise for that driver risking his neck to help others. Nice to read something good about lorry drivers, instead of the usual bad press. Brave man.

I took my Adr with Friendberry.It is correct that they do first on scence.Did you stay at a B&B or at the hotel in Wivvy,Bill was my tutor.They use the village hall at Stogumber.
I had a week at a guest house they arranged,the lady there will invite guests to go dancing at night.
The home made pie shop in Wivvy is great.Coffee breaks in the hotel on the Adr course.

That’s why as many lorry drivers as possible should learn first aid as statistically they will be first on the scene.

Toby, you are very correct but from experience, it is very difficult to try and tell a hysterical mother that her child is best left in the car, in it’s seat. If seat and car body near seat do not look damaged, you can calm two people, the mother and child, which is a big help. It’s a very difficult situation to be in.

And another one: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co … e-25882533 Are Kings of the Road returning??

toby1234abc:
Sorry for being a [zb],but the driver should not have moved anybody due to risk of paralysis with a broken neck or back.If the car was going to catch fire,then use caution and stabilise the neck and back to remove casualties.
Another thing is the risk of being sued for injuries.As the UK is like America with a sueing culture.
At the heat of the moment he thought on his feet.

Didn’t the law change a while back.I think but can’t be sure there was a new “Good Samaritan act”.this was so that people could help casualties without worrying about getting sued.

Here we go
“the Act provides that a good Samaritan shall not be personally liable in negligence for any act done in an emergency when providing assistance, advice or care to a person who is in serious and imminent danger unless the act is done in bad faith or with gross negligence”. However I do think this law was only passed in ireland