Positioning Satnav's in Trucks

Some drivers have been getting a GV9 for having a satnav in the windscreen in the wrong place. After making some calls, I have been told that the satnav should be placed where it will not obscure vision, and must not be above the sweep of the wipers. This means it can be placed in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen, or left if a left ■■■■■■. Hope this will help drivers who were not sure where the satnavs should be placed. Liz

Got mine velcroed on top of my rev counter. Out of the way and works fine.

Now I really have heard it all!!

Do VOSA really have sod all better to do than hand out GV9’s because a satnav is stuck in the “wrong” place on your windscreen■■?

Now if the said item had 14" plasma screen and was placed directly infront of the driver, then yes it would obscure his vision.

This sort of nonsense really stinks of jobsworths, stuck up little gobshytz who deserve a bloody good kicking. Unfortunately typical of British officialdom.

Sounds like vosa are testing patience now instead of trucks.
What a bunch of tossers.
Mine is not in the way of my vision and if they tell me otherwise i will probably lose my cool. :imp:

I bought one of those magnetic phone holder thingies for tthe sat-nav and have it on the dash next to the radio. So not in my line of vision and also not able to be seen from outside :wink: Thinking about doing the same with the hour guard as it could mistaken for a sat-nav from outside.

A great big wad of blu tac does just fine holding it to the dash.
only cos some scroat nicked my mount

bowserman:

you arent from around Bury are you? :laughing:

I drove a truck for the agency last week,
and there was 2 strips of velcro for the regular drivers sat nav
obscuring half the speedo as well as the air pressure guage :unamused:
think he thought these dials they were only for decoration. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine’s stuck to my dash, in an empty spot beside the radio…
However, in the windscreen, I have an hour guard, the display for the tracker/message system, and some minor decor… I can see fine thanks.

Are thet having a laugh, in my ol’ scannie if i put the sat nav there id never be able to see it.

Though I must admit i was only talking about this to a mate the other day, not so much in truck, but where some bloody stupid car drivers mount them, I’m supprised they can see the road from where they mount them. :angry:

We’ve had a biily doo attached to our wages envolopes this week, 2 drivers have had prohibition notices, not just for sat navs but for all the other stuff like dream catchers and the like.
Obviously Vosa do not realise that when you have had stuff in your windscreen for ages, you compensate for it.
So now everything has to be removed from the windscreen area, this is probably to make room for the new mirrors we are to have fitted, creating another blindspot.

i usually have mine in the middle at the very bottom of the windscreen so its out of the way of my vision as much as possible, also so its out of easy reach for some ■■■■■■■ to think they can try and smash the window and swipe it. i cant see what the fuss is about, it seems theres far too many obsticles are being put in our way in this day and age.“you can,t do this, you can,t do that”.

Macka Packa:

bowserman:

you arent from around Bury are you? :laughing:

I drove a truck for the agency last week,
and there was 2 strips of velcro for the regular drivers sat nav
obscuring half the speedo as well as the air pressure guage :unamused:
think he thought these dials they were only for decoration. :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to live there in Hollins