poser moment

I’VE DONE IT. 1988 passed my class one hgv at Bishopbriggs testing centre. My current job woudn’t entertain me for promotion, but John Stamper Haulage in Rutherglen did, and gave me a start on my very own day cab ERF with foldaway frame for bunk ha ha :laughing:. Anyway, going through Rutherglen main street heading for the M74, I have to admit my arm was out the window and I was experiencing my first, and hopefully my last poser moment. So come on guys and girls young and old, where and when did you have your first proper poser moment that made you feel you had made it. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

when i was at frieghtliner and got a brand new daf cf 04 reg… :blush: :blush: :blush: and i learnt that a brand new lorry isnt that new for long and the novelty very soon wears off.

1988…when I got to drive this for the first time…

1978 when i got my first F88 290. although not brand new it ,and me, were the dogs dangly bits. GHB 547N. And ive still got the F88 badge of one of the doors.

1988…when I got to drive this for the first time…

Delivering the goods since 1987!
My Trucking Blog

I never got to that standard early on Shrek. You must have been well proud mate.

Mine had to be when I started driving this in the summer of last year .

Shame VOSA didn’t share my enthusiasm when we were having our weekly chats at their checkpoints !!!. So me and this beauty went our seperate ways.

Didn’t turn out too bad in the new job though as I picked this up on wednesday, here she is on her maiden voyage. Getting signed up this wednesday.

my first was FOG 4 F a bedford tk removal wagon. loved that job

my first was FOG 4 F a bedford tk removal wagon. loved that job

That was my second job, removals with Giltspur Bullens. Bedford tks and vanplans, the artics were daf 2300 sleepers. Your bringing back memories now.
[/quote]

funny that was a good job aswell i went to bullens at hinckley doing catalouge dels

I went all over with them getz. Stayed overnight at Hinckley regularly. Then down to their depot at Milton Keynes, and then onto Greenford in London. Moved all sorts of stuff with them, from household and office removals, to factory machinery etc.

was a good job at the time ,loved it good firm in them days

Sorry for spelling error in last post gez. Your right though, you had the time to chill out with your workmates then. Every minute is recorded one way or another now. :unamused: :unamused:

I had forgotten about John Stamper, that was a while ago didnt they have drivers at Penrith ?

no worries mate was a good life

This was my first ride :confused: :confused: :confused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Used to love posing in it thought I was the dogs danglies :blush:

willie_mac:
I had forgotten about John Stamper, that was a while ago didnt they have drivers at Penrith ?

I might be wrong mate but i’m sure Stampers from Penrith was a different lot to the one in Rutherglen, I also think Stampers in Rutherglen had some sort of link to Cardiff bros who still work out of Quay rd in Rutherglen.

Don’t know the exact connection Willie, but yes, you do have Stampers in Penrith. They are still going, still see their wagons regularly. John Stampers were at Quay Road Rutherglen. They were run by Bob Robertson and Mr Cardiff Snr. His Two sons, Brian and Douglas ran Cardiff Bros out of the same depot. Cardiff Bros are still going, but the Stamper colours up here stopped long ago. Don’t know who is was the main man regarding Stampers or Cardiff, or what the set is etc .

Do it regular in my mate’s beautifully restored 1966 ERF LV 6x4 tractor unit. Hopefully may be taking it to a few shows this year. Turns more heads than any modern eurobox - and I’ve driven some nice ones.

Not saying I’d want it every day, but just as a reminder of what drivers of yesteryear had to put up with - it does you good.

And the sound of that 220 Hummin ■■■■■■■■ music :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Stampers old Atkis had Penrith on the doors, and I dont think anyone knows the score with Cardiff bros, I know John Hodgeson had his fingers in a lot of companies in the Penrith and Glasgow areas he also had a few clearance houses, was otherwise known as popeye

Not saying I’d want it every day, but just as a reminder of what drivers of yesteryear had to put up with - it does you good.

Couldn’t agree more :slight_smile: .