Portsmouth

Is this the worst ferry port off them all■■?

Every week off the ferry into 6 lanes that then go into 4 lanes that then go into 2!!!

It roughly takes me 45 minutes from the linkspan to the dock gate.

And that’s good unless you go round to the xray and knocking shed…then have Ms Vostapo have you over the bridge and a check of ur cards

I’ve only ever been through the ports in a car so slightly out of context but Plymouth comes top of my hated incoming ports as takes over an hour to get out the port on a good day but I feel your pain…

Perhaps I should start sailing mid winter!!

I do Plymouth on a sun night when its quiet but I can imagine on a weekday going in or out can be bad.

Its a nightmare, if you’re one of the last off then your hour to find a place to park can be up before you’re out the gate.

I’d say Harwich is one of the worst to get out of depending where you are on the boat

I hate coming off boat in Portmouth unless one of the first dozen off. Awful

Snowgo:
Its a nightmare, if you’re one of the last off then your hour to find a place to park can be up before you’re out the gate.

Hang a left and park down by the car exit … if anyone asks tell em u got deli belly also ur by the loos there :wink:

Many moons ago we were allowed to park for free inside the port prior to boarding a ferry or coming off it.If you missed a sailing you could wait for the next one and use the cafe and showers.
Tractor units had a sectioned off parking area.You could leave it there as long as you wanted.A long weekend off.No worries.
Drop the trailer.Go home.Come back.Hitch up.Get on the ferry.
I once went for a run and cycle ride in the trailer park.
Cctv saw me and two men in suits said no due to health and safety.
The bar in the tourist check in area was good to catch up with drivers you knew.
When they stopped all the parking they gave maps for the truckstop about 5 miles away.
But that place is the pits.A junk yard with poor facilities.
Last time i was there i went to the Holiday Inn and met Fiona Bruce.They were filming the Antiques Roadshow in Southsea.

It’s looking like they are pretty much the same at the moment then, maybe one day I will get to find out for myself but for now it’s just my car, but the idea of going out in rough seas doesn’t do anything for my stomach sitting here on the sofa!! :open_mouth:

Last time i was there i went to the Holiday Inn and met Fiona Bruce.They were filming the Antiques Roadshow in Southsea.

She is a keen cyclist and swimmer.

She was sat quiet on a sofa in the bar area and did’nt speak much.About 20 very badly dressed people came in first.It looked like they got their clothes from Oxfam or Barnados.
It was the Bbc production crew.Some had bad teeth.A bizzare night.
Two men were staring at Fiona while speaking loudly so must have heard.When the big group came in i thought it was a train spotters convention or Stobbart spotters reunion of 1999.It beat sat on my toddy in the truckstop.

toby1234abc:
I once went for a run and cycle ride in the trailer park…

A run AND a cycle ride!! :open_mouth: Toby, you should have jumped over the harbour wall and gone for a swim as well, you would have done the whole iron man thing then! :wink:

toby1234abc:
Many moons ago we were allowed to park for free inside the port prior to boarding a ferry or coming off it.If you missed a sailing you could wait for the next one and use the cafe and showers.
Tractor units had a sectioned off parking area.You could leave it there as long as you wanted.A long weekend off.No worries.
Drop the trailer.Go home.Come back.Hitch up.Get on the ferry.
I once went for a run and cycle ride in the trailer park.
Cctv saw me and two men in suits said no due to health and safety.
The bar in the tourist check in area was good to catch up with drivers you knew.
When they stopped all the parking they gave maps for the truckstop about 5 miles away.
But that place is the pits.A junk yard with poor facilities.

Now your showing your age. That was some time back when the agents had their shacks over the side and it was a good crac in the P&O booking office working out how you got told that you didn’t have a booking when you had the paperwork stating you did but there as a load of french drivers with a big smile on their faces.