Portsmouth Truckstop.. Won't bother going there again

Stopped in at Portsmouth Truckstop for a quick 30mim break and to use their cafe. Only to be asked are you here for the night? I replied no, just a 30 min break and to use the cafe… I was after a quick bite and a drink… Got ask to leave as they only wanted overnighters… Told I could park out on the road which was all double yellow lines…, so I had to stay with the truck to try and blag my way out of getting a ticket if needed. Didn’t get a chance to get a drink in the end… Running short of time to find anywhere else…

So I won’t be going back there again…

Stopped there last week you won’t miss a deal not going back

Its a ■■■■■■■■■ I won’t bother coming of the M27 for that again. Seen better paved quarries. .

I’m surprised its allowed to be called a truck stop :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t even send Abul from Abdab there its a disgrace Sh99 hole would make it up market :wink:

Ive heard too many bad stories off the place to even think about trying it.

I liked the truck stop at havant, concrete parking area, 24hr security, food ok , a short walk into town and the big shops etc. easy A3/M27/ A27 access in the morning,

What I really hate about that truck stop is that it’s signposted as “lorry services” off the main road, but when you get there it’s just a KeyFuels station, a greasy spoon and a patch of mud which you have to pay to park on unless you’re paying to use the facilities. Since I’m not fond of greasy spoons, I had to head for the first lay-by I could find off the A3 (I was in a small scaffolding artic so I could fit into the Shell garage across the main road to use the loo). The signs should make it clear that truck parking isn’t free.

It is not a truckstop, it is a scrap yard full of junk and old broken down vehicles , which makes less room for lorries to park.
It makes Kabul or Baghdad look tidy, compared to that dump.
Years ago ,when coming off the ferry, security gave drivers leaflets how to get there, as they stopped parking inside the port.
How they thought that a hundred lorries would fit in that junk yard ?
Last time I went there, and went for a drink in the Hilton, then Fiona Bruce walks in with a production team for the Antiques Road show that they were filming in Southsea.

It is a sh$$ hole, talking of holes don’t even go there with a fragile load, the pot holes are horrendous, also the gaffa’s attitude is disgraceful.

Spread the word…AVOID THIS PLACE

Sounds like I had a lucky escape then as I pulled in there back in the winter for a break but was struggling to get a parking slot so went elsewhere.

bald bloke:
Sounds like I had a lucky escape then as I pulled in there back in the winter for a break but was struggling to get a parking slot so went elsewhere.

were you lost then :wink:
Didn’t think you lot went that far south :sunglasses:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

were you lost then :wink:
Didn’t think you lot went that far south :sunglasses:

Yeah you’ll be surprised, was on an ambient run and had some cash n carry near Chichester. Oh and Ferryspeed too.

Also good if you like to be rocked to sleep by any passing train

hotel magnum:
I liked the truck stop at havant, concrete parking area, 24hr security, food ok , a short walk into town and the big shops etc. easy A3/M27/ A27 access in the morning,

I like the breakfast names in there. 7.5t, Class 2 or Class 1 :smiley:

Terry T:

hotel magnum:

I wonder if folks that have the 7.5t breakfast say to the cashier “oh I normally have the class 1” breakfast. :smiley:

Yeah well I used to have the Class 1 breakfast but now I’m doing Class 2 multi drop for a grand an hour I’m super fit and only need a 7.5t breakie. Honest :grimacing:

bald bloke:
I wonder if folks that have the 7.5t breakfast say to the cashier “oh I normally have the class 1” breakfast. :smiley:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing:

Terry T:

hotel magnum:

white van man is just a mug of t then :grimacing:

Thruxton:
Stopped in at Portsmouth Truckstop for a quick 30mim break and to use their cafe. Only to be asked are you here for the night? I replied no, just a 30 min break and to use the cafe… I was after a quick bite and a drink… Got ask to leave as they only wanted overnighters… Told I could park out on the road which was all double yellow lines…, so I had to stay with the truck to try and blag my way out of getting a ticket if needed. Didn’t get a chance to get a drink in the end… Running short of time to find anywhere else…

So I won’t be going back there again…

Got told roughly the same about 5 years ago, he shouted over to mo ‘OI ARE YOU STOPPING’ I asked him if OI was local dialect for hello driver■■? I explained I was gonna have some dinner and a brew, was then told to f off and park outside on double yellows as he was keeping lorry park for overnighters. It was 3pm! Drove out and never been back, surprised its still going with that attitude.

I had an all day there,not that impressed with it,never again