Portsmouth truckstop,what do you think of it?

I would not pay park on the war torn bomb shelled Bosnian “tarmac” surface,ratchet strap down your dash board effects as you drive in you need sea sick pills for the motion sickness,and you need good pair of spectacles to read all the warning signs,i liked the one in the Gents toilets about some scum stealing all the hot water and letting the hot tap run,the owners have removed the tap for the hot water,and put a sign,in certain wording as "if you dont like,tough,"from the school of customer P.R they have a first class degree.
Why do all UK truckstops have these silly signs all the place,its the flourescent marker pen ones,and cardboard or papercard with silly little stars on,and Lords Commandments and certain death and torture on the sretching rack if a proffessional driver ignores the "orders"at your peril,it taked me 20 minutes to digest all the dire warnings,by the time i have to got to ordering some road kill sandwhich,my appetite has been suppresed.
And there is TN users that go on about Eastern Euro drivers,can you blame them for eating out of their side locker trailer boxes,they keep the same trailer,unlike drop and swap in the UK,imagine humpimg out your kitchen kit every day in the UK.The Easterns are the only drivers to offer me a tipple or something to eat from their excellent cooking skills,they can knock up a great meal in minutes.

It’s been awhile since last there, but it was full of local trucks parked up and hardly anyroom left for anyone else :unamused: didn’t think a lot to the food then either :wink:
Sooner park on portsmouth docks, but they stopped that :angry:

Again, it’s the type of establishment where I only had to look at the outside to decide not to bother with the inside.

In fairness and to give a sense of balance, I freely admit that the diesel I filled up with there seemed to work as well as any other diesel :wink:

the foods ok the diesel as Monk said is fine
in the snow a man their lent me his shovel so staff are fine
all i can say is get in early if over nighting
or just head straight for Sutton Scotney

It is only a place I use for fuel. The appearance is enough to put me of even asking for a tea no chance of any food from this place for me…
With all the contract parking they have and it being stated how full they get I suggest they invest some of the parking money in making the place look half decent. Oh sorry that would involve using a bulldozer first.

i can’t think of a worse truckstop in the entire country i wont even fuel up there.

So…
Another so called UK “Truck Stop” not exactly cutting the mustard.
Knock me down with a feather…