Portsmouth Truck Stop

stayed there the other night ,■■■■■■■■ ,bad attitude by grumpy ole fud ,kept awake all night by wagons fueling up and drivers shouting orders out ,personally id have had a better nights sleep in a gypsy site

ive parked here often, and as has been said,looks crap but the food is good the beer is cold and ive allways slept well,never been robbed of my load or diesel .looks are often deceptive ,look at smokey joes in truro,looks ■■■■■ but its the best value truckstop in the country with probably the best food

stayed here couple of weeks ago , when we all had the sun .1st impression was OMG !! , what a hole, the artic parking this way sign i very nearly missed ,paint on sign was weathered so unable to see from a distance, very dusty , showers were not the cleanest , and when i tried to order my tea , i was down to my 4th choice before i was told " yeh got that " so i settled for the lasagne ( which actually was quite nice ) and chips , however the worst of the lot was definetly the vinegar bottle , it was caked in grease seriously gross !!! … the 2 women who ran it were polite n all that . oh and the railway line behind u , nice touch too . all this for 16 quid

i called in for my breakfast last week couldnt fault the price and very nice too for down south! the place has not changed in years! if u dont count the new pumps.

at last… it is under new management … no more waiting 2 hours for crap food… stayed there this week it has been cleaned up , friendly staff and the food was great all fresh home cooked… try the stew!!

have they resurfaced car park yet from the dustbowl, last time i went they were replacing fuel pumps about a few months ago

What a waste of space! Food was terrible, place was dirty, I couldn’t even rest my elbows on the table as everywhere had a covering of grease :confused:
Very limited parking space and yes it’s still a dust bowl.
All in all a big dissappointment

Whilst the car park is still a dust bull, the diesel pumps look like theyve come from a 70's american film ( ie falling apart!!! ) and the usual book early or you wont get a space to park, its not that bad!! The food is fairly good, the toilets/showers are clean and the people are friendly. Just make sure you take ear plugs as the trains going past on the main line right next to the truck park can keep you awake if you are a light sleeper! Me and my dad both use the truckstop to park in over night and we have never had any probs with lorry attacks as the sercuity team are very good at keeping an eye on everyone entering and leaving the truckstop!!! If your not happy stopping in Portsmouth Truckstop over night then make sure you have plenty of driving time left as the next nearest truckstop is quite far away!!!

are you on about Baileys truck stop?
I remember there used to be a small truck stop near Southampton, very close to the Itchin bridge, is that still there, if not there are a couple of truck parking bay in the Porchester Castle car park

I rang this chap up to get a price to park, he said it’s £11.00 fair enough, I asked if that included a food voucher and shower and was told
Not a that F(rhymes with trucking) price.

Conversation over a polite no would have done I will even consider stopping at McDonalds before spending anything in there.

My point is there is no need for rudeness.

tried to park there tnite… pulled in…Dust everywhere, and no where to park… bloke shouted out… NO WHERE FOR U TO PARK…

i wished i never tried…looks a dump… not worth my time… and bad attitude.

looks like they have a fleet lorrys park there permantly (cant remember who) and this was at 5pm

They have a few companies fleets in there. Mainly Dairy Farmers of Britain, but also City LInk, Aqua Travel, a few burger vans etc.

They promised a long while back to resurface the main parking area, but it still hasnt happened, and probably wont!

I will say the food is ok. Large portions, reasonable prices

I think the name of these services in portsmouth are called farlington services…just off the A27…

if the truckstops full where else in pompey can i park for the night :question:

rob c:
if the truckstops full where else in pompey can i park for the night :question:

try around hilsea on the ind est’s etc or down by the ferry terminal on the road outside the naval yard

cheers :slight_smile:

I parked there a few times…The Dairy trucks ■■■■ off soon after arrival, the food is / was good, and plenty of it. Showers, toilets ok, and washing machines too. It does look pooh though!

There must be more than 1 truckstop in the Portsmouth area as I once stopped at Farlington ? (dust bowl, dairy trucks).
I was there early one summers evening and went for a ride on a bus, ended up in the town centre, pub meal, too many Stellas and a night club. Anyway got into a taxi and told the driver I was atthe truckstop near the A27. Got to the truckstop (£10 ?) and after wandering around looking for my truck for 5 mins realized I was in the wrong truckstop and the taxi driver had robbed me. I then had to take another taxi up to Farlington.
Does this other truckstop still exist ?, this happened about 5 years ago.

went in on friday to fuel up,i wouldnt even think of parking there it still looks the pits.
sorry but it aint improved in years.

BIG MAC:
went in on friday to fuel up,i wouldnt even think of parking there it still looks the pits.
sorry but it aint improved in years.

There’s actually nothing wrong with the place. Security is top notch. Food is fine, showers are very adequate.
Can’t fault the place. Try it! :sunglasses: