Portsmouth to Santander

Hi everyone. I’m looking to get into European work. Been offered a job to olot in Spain.
My question is would you go via Santander ferry? Do you know what the up to date price is of the ferry? What tolls should I expect. I need to price the job so could do with some accurate figures please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickandmix:
Hi everyone. I’m looking to get into European work. Been offered a job to olot in Spain.
My question is would you go via Santander ferry? Do you know what the up to date price is of the ferry? What tolls should I expect. I need to price the job so could do with some accurate figures please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t help you with prices but by using this ferry you arrive in Spain with 6 days of cards so less pressure to get things done. Last used it in 2011 and was talking to an owner driver and he said it was 100 euro cheaper to drive up through France but the driver had used 2/3 cards and one stop in France from the Gendarmes will wipe out that 100 euro saving.

Just make sure you bring no passengers back
Six held after ‘migrants’ jump from lorry in Portsmouth bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-46827962

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mazzer2:
Last used it in 2011 and was talking to an owner driver and he said it was 100 euro cheaper to drive up through France

He was probably only factoring in the diesel and peage though and not the tyre and other wear and tear.

A lot depends on timings as well, time goods available to time goods need to be delivered and does the ferry schedule fit in.

Over a year since I’ve done Spain now, but as above, use it and get a rest in.

Known as…

‘The doorbanger’ because drivers said they were always copping off with stunning girls who just happened to be bikini models and bumming round Europe in the summer months. Similarly the same drivers were also earning £920 pw and only did 8 hour shifts for it.

The Bay of Biscay is possibly THE worst crossing for bad weather.

“The devil is in the detail”.
Is it time critical? Ferries aren’t frequent.
If heavy or light could make a big difference to fuel bill by road. Only a day’n’half run from Channel so would saving a day be important or not? Where from in UK? Dover/Newhaven/Pompey/Poole? All possible and loads of options to choose between peage and National routes.
Only by talking to Ferry company will you get a realistic price for the crossing you need. Changes by time of day, day of week, etc.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Depending were you are, it’s 940miles from were i’am, so charge the customer £2.20 per mile, sub the load out to a flip flop for a 1/3 without ferry, and carry on doing your normal work.

Portsmouth - Santander was £1015 when I used it at the end of last year. Depending on where you are starting from in England and where you are going in Spain it generally works out roughly the same cost as going across Dover - Calais (£187) and paying the diesel, tolls and a allowance for tyres and wear on tear on the vehicle.

Get an online quote here ssl.directferries.com/ferry/sec … 1547203596