Portsmouth to Santander ferry?

Hi folks anybody done this ferry crossing?

Just about to book it for a trip to Spain on the bike and it says that for the price you get a “couch” or for another hunded quid you get a cabin.Its a 24 hour crossing so was wondering what the standard “accomodation” is like or do we get the upgrade?
Thanks

I did it a few years ago with the family in a car. We had a cabin and I don’t like the thought of riding off on a bike, after 24 hours without a decent night’s sleep. Having said that I remember seeing a few younger people stretched out on the floor. No idea what transport they were using though.

The swimming pool is rubbish.

Ive done this crossing on my motorcycle many times before, but always Ive spent the extra cash and booked a cabin.
Mainly because I can have somewhere to both store my riding kit (boots, helmet etc) & be able to change out of the kit & shower & feel human for the duration of the crossing. Getting any sleep in a “couch” or reclining seat is nigh on impossible with people entering and leaving the room, drunks arguing & fighting. My reasoning on booking a cabin is also that the trip is a holiday, and not an endurance test. The standard inside 2 berth cabins (the cheapest) are just a 3m x 4m “room” with bunk beds, and a cubicle shower & toilet. the next level up 2 berth outside are generally (opposing) twin beds and similar shower/toilet. repeat the same with 4 berth cabins, (2 double bunks etc). Think yourself lucky its only 24hrs, the old pride of Bilbao was 36hrs outbound, & 30hrs Return, but it did disembark in Spain around 8am leaving you plenty of time to ride through the day. However the Brittany ferries crossing doesn`t give you ideal disembarkation times.
If you might feel the 24hr crossing is too much, you could try the alternative, the LD lines land bridge via France

Thanks for your input gents think I will book the cabin.
have a good day

I may have access to some 10% discount codes for Brittany ferries, but can’t access them while out on the road atm. I’ll have a look when I get home. PM me if you still haven’t booked yet.
If its your 1st trip on this crossing take some earplugs to ensure you get a good nights kip, the cabin walls are wafer thin, & there’s nothing as bad as hearing a drunken couple arguing or shagging in the middle of the night after the bar shuts.
Also be prepared to faint when you see the bar/resturant prices.
I used to budget £30-£50+ for food/drink on the old “pride of Bilbao”