Portsmouth santander

i’ve just been told i could be shipping out on the portsmouth-santander boat a week on friday.
could this be right? the website says it goes on wednesdays.
anyway, what’s the food like? and is it free?
what price are the cigarettes? or is there some place better for cigs, etc. when you get off?

any info would be greatfully recieved, as the longest crossing i’ve done is the portsmouth-caen or fleetwood-larne.

limeyphil:
i’ve just been told i could be shipping out on the portsmouth-santander boat a week on friday.

everyone/everthing is loaded onto the boat on a friday, but while your all being loaded the tide has a nasty habit of going out and doesnt come back in till the next wednesday :exclamation:

limeyphil:
what price are the cigarettes? or is there some place better for cigs, etc. when you get off?

Dont know about the food as driver i know never tried or needed to have food onboard,as they just jump overboard and walk across the sand bank to the tesco down the road, then just shimmy up the anchor when you come back to your truck :exclamation:

hope this helps
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

That boat on a friday night is awful, full of Welsh peasants on a cheap booze cruise, last time I was on it they had to put three in the brigg and two bar persons were assaulted, sleep was difficult to get as the noise is just awful from the drunken peasants, hopefully it will be a rough crossing, this tends to quieten them down a bit. :laughing: :laughing:
I refuse to use the service now, the Plymouth one is far more civilsed :sunglasses:

male pheasants are the colourful ones. :laughing:

limeyphil:

any info would be greatfully recieved, as the longest crossing i’ve done is the portsmouth-caen or fleetwood-larne.

Hi you asked about the food,it is just about edible at a push and you only get 50% off with your drivers ticket,good luck.

limeyphil:

You are correct the Portsmouth to Santander boat, Pont Aven, sails on a Wedenesday.
The Cotentin (freight only) sails Poole to Santander Saturday am.

I find the food excellent on both, with the added advantage of it being free on the Cotentin, along with wine (lunch and evening meal only).

att:
That boat on a friday night is awful, full of Welsh peasants on a cheap booze cruise, last time I was on it they had to put three in the brigg and two bar persons were assaulted, sleep was difficult to get as the noise is just awful from the drunken peasants, hopefully it will be a rough crossing, this tends to quieten them down a bit. :laughing: :laughing:
I refuse to use the service now, the Plymouth one is far more civilsed :sunglasses:

i think att is confusing his boats as the booze cruise goes portsmouth-bilbao but the weekend boat to santander is freight only and all food and 1 drink with each meal is free.
cheap enough for beer while on board but no idea on ■■■■ as i don;t smoke and never buy any to get rid of on other side but you can now only but cartons in spain in a tabac not in garages or supermarkets anymore

Currently the Brittany Ferries Cotentin (freight only) sails from Poole at 0800hrs on Saturdays arriving Santander 1200 local time Sundays - Departs Santander 1500 Sundays arrives 1730 Mondays at Poole. Food at all meals is free including a free half bottle of wine or can of beer. The food is fine except the menu never changes so it gets boring when you travel on it regularly as I do (two crossings last weekend).

The Brittany Ferries Pont Aven passenger ferry currently sails Portsmouth - Santander - Plymouth - Santander - Portsmouth - etc… The sailing dates and times Im not sure of, however it left Portsmouth at 1700 on Wednesday and arrived Santander yesterday evening at 1800 local. Again the food is free to freight drivers including the wine or can of ale, tea and coffee are free and there is a 50% discount on all soft drinks or other food purchased - again the food is fine but boring after the umpteenth crossing.

The 50% discount in the restaurants also applies to freight drivers on Brittanys channel crossings too. Incidentally you get a sole use cabin on both the Biscay crossings.

The problems with day tripper/mini cruisers are usually on the P&O Pride of Bilbao, they have even got security guards on it to keep them under control!!

hello mark, home now? how long you off for? been home since the 15th back to work next week

Hi James, Im tipping Gib tomorrow morning then back for the weekend, fancy a beer in the Bull Bar or somewhere? Give me a ring or text tomorrow.

k fella ring you tomorrow

welshboyinspain:

Oh dear some poor bar is going to suffer :unamused: :unamused:

Vascoingles:

welshboyinspain:

Thats not a very charitable view of ones ex pat colleagues!!! Shame you cant join us, but I suppose Bilbao is just a tad too far in a taxi.

That will be down to “Funky Town” then will it lads !.

Ex Haulier:
That will be down to “Funky Town” then will it lads !.

no funky town more suited for a night out with the lads just a quiet drink up benalmadena bull ring. they’re doing pits of magners for 3 euros at the moment :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hombre:

Vascoingles:

welshboyinspain:

Thats not a very charitable view of ones ex pat colleagues!!! Shame you cant join us, but I suppose Bilbao is just a tad too far in a taxi.

a tad just a bit

hi vasco, i see the welshboy has got a new emblem, could he be a deported football hooligan?

browncow2:
hi vasco, i see the welshboy has got a new emblem, could he be a deported football hooligan?

could be indeed :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

browncow2:

couldn’t originally get it downsized to the 80 x 80 pixel so got new one sent vie tinternet from one of the soul crew seasiders, not a hooligan gang just some chaps who enjoy a beverage and a good game of footy :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

it,could be worse you could support everton like me!