Portsmouth/Fareham Companies

Yes but you could wait for the ink to dry or put some of your own pictures on here. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Yes but you could wait for the ink to dry or put some of your own pictures on here. :sunglasses:

I put plenty of my own stuff on thanks, and I thought this photo was best suited on this thread, clearly not as it’s put your nose out of joint, never mind though your a big boy I’m sure you’ll get over it.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, I didn’t think you could repost someone else’s pictures robthedog without asking first. :sunglasses:

It’s a very long time since I last saw that particular complaint on this forum. The common & daily practice on here is to copy any pictures posted on here to other relevant threads in order to strengthen the body of knowledge. Generally, the unofficial view is that anything posted in the public domain becomes public property as long as it remains strictly within the forum. The general view of posters on here is that pictures posted on here are for sharing; not to be guarded like schoolboys hoarding marbles. ZbAnorak - and where is he these days? - was particularly excellent on exposing immature posters striving to forbid forum users using useful material to further the cause of road transport history.

ERF-NGC-European:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, I didn’t think you could repost someone else’s pictures robthedog without asking first. :sunglasses:

It’s a very long time since I last saw that particular complaint on this forum. The common & daily practice on here is to copy any pictures posted on here to other relevant threads in order to strengthen the body of knowledge. Generally, the unofficial view is that anything posted in the public domain becomes public property as long as it remains strictly within the forum. The general view of posters on here is that pictures posted on here are for sharing; not to be guarded like schoolboys hoarding marbles. ZbAnorak - and where is he these days? - was particularly excellent on exposing immature posters striving to forbid forum users using useful material to further the cause of road transport history.

There you go little rodent cop a load of that

Hendy Lennox cosham

…

Plessey had a large factory at Titchfield, don’t know if this was based there or not ?

Buzzer

Buzzer

We had a few subbed loads in 1970 off a firm called Ellisons Transport from their Purfleet office but I can’t just remember where they were based either at S’ampton or Pompey but they were a decent outfit to deal with at the time ! Any info Buzzer on them Buzzer ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
We had a few subbed loads in 1970 off a firm called Ellisons Transport from their Purfleet office but I can’t just remember where they were based either at S’ampton or Pompey but they were a decent outfit to deal with at the time ! Any info Buzzer on them Buzzer ? Cheers Dennis.

Danny Ellison if my memory still works came from Portsmouth

DISPATCHER:

Bewick:

Dennis thank goodness for the older crisp memory of Chris Hill aka “DISPATCHER”, I had heard the name but had no dealings with this man Ellison although he was about when we loaded Jersey spuds of the flat house quay in the 80’s. as you say believe he was an agent that subbed out loads, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:

DISPATCHER:

Bewick:

Dennis thank goodness for the older crisp memory of Chris Hill aka “DISPATCHER”, I had heard the name but had no dealings with this man Ellison although he was about when we loaded Jersey spuds of the flat house quay in the 80’s. as you say believe he was an agent that subbed out loads, cheers Buzzer

Foggy

Buzzer:

Buzzer:

DISPATCHER:

Bewick:

From memory Ellisons ran green coloured motors ! Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer

Buzzer that Tom Parker Leyland ran out of Charity Farm in Fareham on the dairy side we had an AEC mandator the Leyland was luxury. :sunglasses:

Buzzer

Buzzer