Portsmouth -Bulgaria

Hi was wondering if anyone could give me a rough price of taking a 6m container from Portsmouth to Vadin in Bulgaria. Wud ideally be with lifting gear to lift container at destination.
Cheers

I reckon you’ll be looking at about £8,000 for that, possibly more, it would be cheaper to get a container taken down on a PSK and hire a crane locally to lift it off.

pompeymark:
Hi was wondering if anyone could give me a rough price of taking a 6m container from Portsmouth to Vadin in Bulgaria. Wud ideally be with lifting gear to lift container at destination.
Cheers

Weight of container? Containments of container (ADR etc) ?

Not sure of weight but only contains personal effects nothing heavy at all. Guess ur looking at max of 9tonne

pompeymark:
Not sure of weight but only contains personal effects nothing heavy at all. Guess ur looking at max of 9tonne

5 tonne, 20 foot container?

Like i said its only a few personal effects. Im not sure of the weight. Have been quoted £6500

its the crane that bumps up the cost, have you thought about a recovery truck with a slideback, I can get a container on and off with the winch but as it is a 12 tonne gross I am limited to 4.5 tonne payload, so 2100kg for a new box to 2450kg for an old one only leaves 2 tonne of goods, but an 18 tonne gross would do it easily, plus theres lots of old saleable vehicles in that part of Europe for the return journey,

pompeymark:
Like i said its only a few personal effects. Im not sure of the weight. Have been quoted £6500

Can you not buy new over there ? get a lot of personal effects for 6.5 grand.

pompeymark:
Cheers

do you mean Vidin never heard of vadin!

Yes thats it.

Why not buy an 18t box lorry here then flog it when empty for parts over there ?

Yeah cheers for that as just paid £1500 for the container.