Portsmoth to Santander Ferry

Off to Portugal in the morning and shipping out via Portsmouth to Santander.

Anyone done this crossing recently, what are the facilities like for freight drivers etc etc

Not done it in a while but was a good ferry with good facilities

Swimming pool, cinema food was good cabin ok etc is a 24 hr crossing mind

glen958:
Off to Portugal in the morning and shipping out via Portsmouth to Santander.

Anyone done this crossing recently, what are the facilities like for freight drivers etc etc

You get a cabin which might be shared depending how busy it is. You can upgrade to your own though, dunno how much as the boss pays it. Cabins are a decent size with own bathroom/shower.
You get fed morning noon and night(separate freight restaurant). Personally I don’t mind the food at all but some do. You get a bottle of water with your meal but any beer, wine, coke etc is extra.

Evening meal

Staff are generally OK just a tad “French” depending which shift is on.
Keep your door keycard with you as you get up to 50% off other foods/drinks(not booze) elsewhere on the ship. You also get IIRC 3 or 5 free Coffees at the bar with it, after which they become half price.
There is a cinema but really not a lot else to do other than the bar :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Although there is usually one or 2 English TV channels on in the central bar.
WiFi is not freethough it is something like 8 quid for 3 hours :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Remember it’s a long crossing so take a travel adapter, and chargers, on board to recharge phone lappy etc. They have one in the shop for a couple of quid if you forget. :blush:

Take sea sick pills.

No need to now as job got cancelled as I arrived at loading point.

Seems everytime I ask a question about somewhere I’m about to go I end up not going, Happened with portugal and sicily :frowning:

glen958:

Seems everytime I ask a question about somewhere I’m about to go I end up not going, Happened with portugal and sicily :frowning:

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That not good then

■■■■ going to Sicily…Look what happened when I went! :open_mouth:

glen958:

Best not to ask til the loads on then. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: