Portaloos for drivers

The older drivers on here will remember the days when delivery points could get away with not allowing drivers access to their toilets and the confrontation that it created. The refusal was more often than not followed by the urban myth about the last driver that used it, who crapped up the walls, which was a complete load of ■■■■■■■■ used as a convenient justification for their refusal. (If this guy did exist his toilet habits were legendary from one end of the UK to the other, and I spent the first 10 or so years of my career following him around :laughing: )
Around the mid 90s with H&S it became illegal so they reluctantly relented and let us “scum” use their facilities.
Lately though I have noticed a trend where a lot of firms are placing portaloos in yards for drivers only, we are so far down the food chain that we are considered unfit to ■■■■ in the same places as these a/holes, and they would rather incur expense than allow us to do so. :smiling_imp: .
I was at Tradeteam Burton on Trent, I was shown where the portaloo was so I asked the guy if he used it, he said “No as I am not a driver” :neutral_face: without a hint of embarrassment.

You just jogged my memory, i was delivering somewhere in Reading a couple of years ago and there was a portaloo for the drivers but can’t bleeding remember where it was but i do know it was minging.

I agree, does make you realize we are at the bottom of the chain.
Sadly though, we’ve probably all used a toilet in a truckstop or similar, thats been left in a foul state. As usual, the small minority spoiling it for the rest of us.

If the bog is in a disgusting state refuse to use it and ask for other clean toilets, that is also in the H + S rules and if they still refuse get names and report them.

I once delivered a container from Felixstowe to Lutterworth it was a 7am timed booking I left at 3.30am to give me plenty of time when I arrived at gatehouse I gave the security guard my notes then I asked him if I can use the toilets and he said Drivers can’t use them so I took my notes back and replied no toilet no delivery he said but we are waiting for the goods I replied tough and again said no toilet no goods he insisted it was their company policy so I reversed out the gates parked up and phoned the yard up my vehicle foreman said why didn’t I stop on the way up I replied I didn’t want a crap earlier and if I had of stopped en route I would of missed my booking time he replied well they want there goods and I said I need a crap I’m a human being and I can’t crap at the drop of an hat so I went back to the gatehouse to try and reason with the security guard and he was still adamant I couldn’t use the toilet so I drove all the way back to Leicester Forest services to use the facilities and the load was rebooked in and were charged twice for the delivery

i once asked were ablutions were and told oh drivers have to use ones at other end of bldg, hee hee, believe me it would have been a trek to get there and i needed it now,so promptly went in yard and found a nice little quiet spot in one of their trailers mmm cant beat a wilderness ■■■ shortly after that they allowed drivers to use normal toilets wonder why that was after all we"re only agency drivers