Portaloo/ chemical toilet

Did anyone else listen to Jeremy vine today 17th April
He had a section on truckers and there woes keeping the country going.

Don’t know if was genuine but some fella.phoned in saying he carries a portaloo /portable chemical toilet on the passenger seat which he uses when needed.
He seemed genuine said does work for rail industry which needs an ■■■■■■ for.
Does anyone know him is he genuine?

I heard it. The guy seemed genuine so I have no reason to disbelieve him. Not my cup of tea having jobbies sloshing around beside me tbh, but each to their own.

It made a nice change to hear drivers on there who weren’t your stereotypical knuckle dragging moonhowlers that Vine seems to find however.

There’s been a couple of threads over the years on here about the merits of carrying a chemical toilet in the passenger side, the general consensus was “no way José“
the idea of carrying one, especially in an accident and the contents of said toilet splashing around the cab was enough to induce vomiting.

Besides, Jeremy Vine is a Journalistic knob

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Anybody who actually NEEDS to carry a portable khazi in their motor as a neccesity, should realise it’s nature’s way of telling them they shouldn’t be doing the job any longer. :bulb: :neutral_face:

robroy:
:shock: :open_mouth:
Anybody who actually NEEDS to carry a portable khazi in their motor as a neccesity, should realise it’s nature’s way of telling them they shouldn’t be doing the job any longer. :bulb: :neutral_face:

really rob, :open_mouth: in these days of equality why not …? you really do surprise me at times… :neutral_face:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

really rob, :open_mouth: in these days of equality why not …? you really do surprise me at times… :neutral_face:

I’d put it on the cat walk between the cab and the trailer, but only to be used at night :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Well, since they started charging 30p for carrier bags… :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t need a portaloo i just use a Costa coffee cup , has to be a large though

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

:smiley:
Nowt to do with equality, way I see it is if you need something like that to enable you to do the job, and/or get through the day, thus basically making it a daily pain in the arse, maybe you should think about packing it in…it’s hardly an ideal scenario is it.

I wasn’t meaning to offend any type of …‘community’ , disabled or incontinent, honest :smiley:
(‘community’ is that right? …it seems to be the modern buzz word.)

robroy:

Is it not better than ■■■■■■■■ in a bag and throwing it out the window and we all know this is happening also ■■■■■■■■ at the inside of the truck

I was denied access to a toilet,yesterday.
I just walked around him and went to the toilet.

commonrail:
I was denied access to a toilet,yesterday.
I just walked around him and went to the toilet.

Nice one. :smiley:

You’ve got 3 options.
In the toilet
In your pants
On the floor

Am I the only one who’s always got a spare carrier bag on me? #2 issues solved!

Yep carrier bag can get one out the brown stuff. I have refined a technique where I perch one cheek on passenger seat then secure extendable carrier bag handles to my ears and attach pee pot to my front pipe.

Being a eco warrior type I usually empty contents down a toilet, wash bag in sink ready for next emergency. Unless I’ve had a chocolate mousse explosion then bag has to be replaced.

In my 25 years trucking I’ve only had to perform an in cab bowel movement on 4 occasions, Ehh make that 5, cramps have just come on and I appear to be crowning…

Get yourself a bumper dumper :laughing:

if its that much of a requirement that you cant crap in a bag,then get one of these.
use a pedal bin liner,then sling it when your done.
no chemicals,no mess.simples.
ebay.co.uk/itm/Leisurewize- … x&LH_BIN=1

dieseldog999:
if its that much of a requirement that you cant crap in a bag,then get one of these.
use a pedal bin liner,then sling it when your done.
no chemicals,no mess.simples.
ebay.co.uk/itm/Leisurewize- … x&LH_BIN=1

Not a bad shout them to be honest.

Brings some feeling of dignity to ■■■■■■■■ in a carrier bag. Stick that between the seats and you can have a nice read of the paper whilst your at it.

I have used a PortaPotty in a caravan and motorhome for many years and see no difference to using one in a truck cab. They are sealed units and do not splash ■■■/pee around as some have suggested…

millets.co.uk/all/329398-hi … lsrc=aw.ds

If I was still working and out every night I would have one in my cab!

:open_mouth: …I could understand drivers carrying some kind of a portable bog if they had some kind of medical problem (although still think that would be a good reason to finally jack tramping btw)
But ffs, carry a khazi around with you?..Seriously? :unamused:

What’s wrong with ■■■■■■■ in a bottle (ok it ain’t the height of dignity but needs must) and responsibly emptying it in a morning (like somebody on here who empties it on cars that block him in :laughing: )
The only times I’ve needed desperately to have a crap through night is when I’ve been I’ll for whatever reason, so on those occasions I’ve always made sure I park near some 24 hour supermarket, Maccy Ds, or a couple of times I’ve asked permission at a factory I’ve been parked near on an ind estate.through the night…but I can count on 2 hands in God knows how many years, and still have some fingers left.

It would never enter my head to carry some ■■■■ portable facility around with me in all the years I’ve done this job… :unamused: