Pop ups

Can I register my protest against these pop up ads that have started appearing on the forum.

If I want to buy a phone, I’ll go to a phone shop.

And don’t give me nonsense about needing the revenue. I asked for an advertising rate nearly a year ago and I’m still waiting! Maybe I should start selling phones!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Not seen them as yet just the 1 down side for Commercial Motor

In many posts there are words underlined in blue. If you happen to catch one of these with the cursor, you get a pop up.

Surprised wev’e had no inuendo comments yet!

Never seen them, but i do run adblock on Firefox, it works.

Peter Smythe:
Can I register my protest against these pop up ads that have started appearing on the forum.

And don’t give me nonsense about needing the revenue. I asked for an advertising rate nearly a year ago and I’m still waiting! Maybe I should start selling phones!!

Peter,

I can’t help you with the how or why, but I’ve moved your post to where it will be seen by those who do know the answer. :wink:

Peter Smythe:

Why would you want advertising rates. You seem to have a free advert in your sig :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Peter Smythe:
In many posts there are words underlined in blue. If you happen to catch one of these with the cursor, you get a pop up.

Update and run your antivirus & spyware software, underlined words are nothing to do with TruckNet :wink:

Another user reported this a few months ago, there should be a thread about it somewhere.

ETA: there won’t be a thread about it as it was discussed by private message , you could however click here

botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

And keep off the naughty sites in future. :stuck_out_tongue:

Denis F:

Peter Smythe:

Update and run your antivirus & spyware software, underlined words are nothing to do with TruckNet :wink:

Another user reported this a few months ago, there should be a thread about it somewhere.

ETA: there won’t be a thread about it as it was discussed by private message , you could however click here

botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

@Denis F, yes it was me who reported this strange phenomenon to your good self I think :question: and @Peter Smythe it is nothing at all to do with TNUK it is a spam advertising trojan software virus that picks up on keywords in the text to produce the ‘popup’. It is incredibly annoying but allegedly doesn’t do any damage to your computer :question: I took Denis F’s advice and ‘googled’ it and found some removal software which was only partially successful :angry: I then downloaded ‘Adblock’ and ‘Adblock Plus’ which works perfectly in keeping the popup’s in check :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Thanks for the help. Pete :laughing: :laughing: