Pop master ends/moves to Greatest hits radio [Merged]

simcor:

robroy:
Is Greatest Hits nationwide?
I’ll sometimes listen to Mark Goodier, Pat Sharp, and Simon Mayo.
I can only get it just over the border (where it West Sound radio,) then on the M6 I can get it from around Stafford to about Strensham M5, then again not until Bristol.
Is there an app for it to play through my phone and bluetooth?

You won’t be listening to Pat Sharp anymore he’s left with immediate effect.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Silly cow ought to get a life…or at least a sense of humour…it was hardly crude or filth, …it was a play on a turn of phrase ffs.,…a DJ who gets on your ■■■■. :unamused:
It’s got to the stage where you can say ■■■■ all without offending some ■■■■ snow flake.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … easts.html

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:
I can only get it just over the border (where it West Sound radio,) then on the M6 I can get it from around Stafford to about Strensham M5, then again not until Bristol.

You won’t be listening to Pat Sharp anymore he’s left with immediate effect.

Silly cow ought to get a life…or at least a sense of humour…it was hardly crude or filth, …it was a play on a turn of phrase ffs.,…a DJ who gets on your ■■■■. :unamused:
It’s got to the stage where you can say [zb] all without offending some [zb] snow flake.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … easts.html

Can’t say I disagree with you tbh. Just a sad reflection of the snowflake world we now live in.

Thing is the ■■■■ s rule the roost these days…they are always sided with and pandered to.
Instead if the station backing up their employee they side with her.
So a seasoned experienced radio dj loses his job because she has no sense of humour.

I think Lineker’s comment trivialising the Holocaust by comparing illegal immigrants situation with ■■■■ attitudes was more offensive tbh, but he seems to have kept his job.
Used to like him as a player for England, but I just think now he is a bit of a ■■■.

robroy:

Just search for greatest hits radio in your app store, it’s there. :wink:

BossHogg:

robroy:

Just search for greatest hits radio in your app store, it’s there. :wink:

Aye I did mention I’d found it eventually, but cheers anyway.

listened to that Owain geezer for a while yesterday morning…just going on and on about it being his birthday :unamused:
switched him off…switched back on again in the afternoon and the ■■■■■■ was talking to the new guy on his show still going on about his birthday ffs :imp:

carryfast-yeti:
listened to that Owain geezer for a while yesterday morning…just going on and on about it being his birthday :unamused:
switched him off…switched back on again in the afternoon and the ■■■■■■ was talking to the new guy on his show still going on about his birthday ffs :imp:

It ain’t about talent, experience, or ability anymore mate, it’s all about tokenism, political correctness,.and demographics.
The guy is an annoying talentless little prick, but because he is camp, obviously gay, (and even Welsh :smiley: ) he fits the bill.
Absolutely nothing against camp gay guys, (or Welshmen for that matter :smiley:) , I just dont want to listen to an annoying little prick like him on my radio, when you’re getting proper radio personalities the likes of Ken Bruce, Pat Sharp,.Simon Mayo,.and Steve Wright,.getting moved on,.sacked, replaced,.and sidelined.

On a similar theme…I stopped watching the Brit Awards years ago, because 75% of the nominations I’ve never heard of, (and this is an otherwise fanatical music lover talking btw, but I reckon it’s an age thing :blush: )

This year my daughter told me, they stopped having ‘Best male’ and 'Best female ’ awards , because it ‘offended’ the likes of Sam ■■■■ Smith and his non binary/non gender weirdos, :unamused: …so consequently the awards were mostly male, so the female acts lost out…■■■■■■ ridiculous.
As I’ve said before, all this crap rules the roost and gets the last word,.with logic and common sense not coming into it.

i wonder how long before Tony Blackburn get’s the heave-ho

carryfast-yeti:
i wonder how long before Tony Blackburn get’s the heave-ho

He’s already been pushed out of his Friday ‘Golden Hour’ show by …
Michelle ■■■■ Visage. :unamused: who is heavily involved in the Gay scene,.and Ru Paul’s ■■■■ drag programme…go figure.
Another one I don’t listen to.

Only listen to Johnny Walker rock show & sound of the 70’s Gambo on a Saturday afternoon rest of R2 not worth it now

Will listen to GHR for Ken & a few others

Not a fan of Gary Davis never have been although do like a lot of 80’s stuff but he wouldn’t play most of what I like unfortunately have met him

Sometimes listen to my local radio station depends who is on

animal:
Only listen to Johnny Walker rock show & sound of the 70’s Gambo on a Saturday afternoon rest of R2 not worth it now

Not a fan of Gary Davis never have been although do like a lot of 80’s stuff but he wouldn’t play most of what I like unfortunately have met him

Theres Heart 70’s and Absolute 70’s and 80’s. But we’re going backwards from the days when more than 50% of what I listened to on the road was my own cassette tapes usually recorded from the better radio and the surprisingly good newly introduced NICAM stereo TV audio content in the day.

Carryfast:

animal:

Theres Heart 70’s and Absolute 70’s and 80’s. But we’re going backwards from the days when more than 50% of what I listened to on the road was my own cassette tapes usually recorded from the better radio and the surprisingly good newly introduced NICAM stereo TV audio content in the day.

Most of my albums in those days were cassette recorded from vinyl LPs loaned to me by mates,.and recorded on my then state of the art Sony Music centre…God I feel old. :laughing:

robroy:

Carryfast:

animal:

Most of my albums in those days were cassette recorded from vinyl LPs loaned to me by mates,.and recorded on my then state of the art Sony Music centre…God I feel old. :laughing:

The really annoying thing is that YouTube is now just about the best music library out there but the greed driven music industry has made it as difficult and as expensive as possible to put it onto mobile media.In total contravention of ‘fair use’ laws.
The effective stopping of CD recording and mobile media obviously being part of that scam.

So…is anybody else listening to Ken on GHR?

I find myself flicking between him and Gary Davies, and I listen to Popmaster when I can, but when VK starts,.that’ll be it for me.
Been listening to a bit of ‘catch up’ while running back in on a Saturday, as well as Gary D’s Sounds of the 80s.

Virgin when I get up (Evans can be a bit of an acquired taste but overall I find him better than the opposition), turn over to Ken on GHR at ten am, Smooth Country after Ken until 4pm when I listen to Coxy on R2. Once she finishes it back to Smooth Country for me.

Or. Like this week when I’m up and down the M74 with no signal it’s just Apple music from my phone library.

robroy:
So…is anybody else listening to Ken on GHR?

I find myself flicking between him and Gary Davies, and I listen to Popmaster when I can, but when VK starts,.that’ll be it for me.
Been listening to a bit of ‘catch up’ while running back in on a Saturday, as well as Gary D’s Sounds of the 80s.

Have had GHR on most of the time in house or in car switch to R2 for Paul on a Saturday afternoon or Johnny Walker sound of the 70’s Johnny rock show often on catch up

Just.a heads up to anybody interested…
Ken’s Popmaster is now a new TV series, tomorrow night 8 pm on More 4 (channel 136).

robroy:
Ken’s Popmaster is now a new TV series, tomorrow night 8 pm on More 4 (channel 136).

I did wonder when that might be starting. Thanks for the heads up Rob. I wonder how it will convert to a TV show though. I suppose the actual format while based on postmaster might be a little different.

In fact just seen a trailer for it. I guessed there would be more than 2 contestants looked like 4 or 5 and the quick glance I saw.

simcor:

robroy:

I did wonder when that might be starting. Thanks for the heads up Rob. I wonder how it will convert to a TV show though. I suppose the actual format while based on postmaster might be a little different.

In fact just seen a trailer for it. I guessed there would be more than 2 contestants looked like 4 or 5 and the quick glance I saw.

Yep, Ken was on 'Sunday Brunch, this morning (I remember when I used to be actually cool…Sunday Brunch ffs :unamused: :laughing: ) anyhoo there was a trailer on , think there was more than 2 contestants, but I reck it will be ok,… I like music, like quiz shows so ok by me.

Incidentally Ken looking good and well for 72 btw.

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:

Yep, Ken was on 'Sunday Brunch, this morning (I remember when I used to be actually cool…Sunday Brunch ffs :unamused: [emoji38] ) anyhoo there was a trailer on , think there was more than 2 contestants, but I reck it will be ok,… I like music, like quiz shows so ok by me.

Incidentally Ken looking good and well for 72 btw.

I quite like the hit list but it’s a bit too fast paced for even people with very good music knowledge. But there is a prize on the hit not sure if there is a prize on popmaster TV.