POOR wages?

DGW131:

commonrail:
Just bang 3x15’s in…then take the rest of the week off.

That’s exactly what I would do

That’s what I tried to do on agency, over weekends where possible as well of course - for the premium rate! :grimacing:

I did a bit at palletline I’m haydock years ago. Soon got rid of me. Thank god. Used start at 6 collect wagon then had que up . To be loaded even having find own freight I warehouse tell flt what ordered wanted it etc. Some.times be about 8 before I left. I used put card in soon as got in wagon and drove to to front of warehouse to be loaded. Soon as they found out said company policy is inserts card shifts starts soon as your loaded. Next day said fine. Get someone drive wagon round load it strap it I’ll be sat in canteen waiting then I’ll start my shift. Didn’t go down to well

edd1974:
I did a bit at palletline I’m haydock years ago. Soon got rid of me. Thank god. Used start at 6 collect wagon then had que up . To be loaded even having find own freight I warehouse tell flt what ordered wanted it etc. Some.times be about 8 before I left. I used put card in soon as got in wagon and drove to to front of warehouse to be loaded. Soon as they found out said company policy is inserts card shifts starts soon as your loaded. Next day said fine. Get someone drive wagon round load it strap it I’ll be sat in canteen waiting then I’ll start my shift. Didn’t go down to well

Lol. Law Distribution… :grimacing:

It’d be pointless applying if you don’t have what they request :laughing:

But it’s fine if your other account has one though
:sunglasses:

Alfa1M:
Also to add, anyone who knows Brenntag who run out of Trafford Park, I have been on AdR courses with 2 of their drivers who both eager to tell us how easy their job is, contracted to 40 hrs on a set salary could do the days run in 6 hrs if they wanted to but fear of getting back to yard early incase of a second run coming up… perhaps this 45 hrs cut off for pay is to try and stop lazy drivers clearing their run and then hanging round the corner for 2 hours.

But that has been happening since horse and carts, the keen ones rush back and end up mucking out the stable, the ones sat round the corner are too late to do another run or nip a trailer to the docks, both get home at the same time.

edd1974:

At United Carriers, we clocked in, used a log book and were on tachograph two years before it was necessary, if the lorry wasn’t back or loaded, you were still on pay [emoji383] we even had serial numbers on the cards so there was no frisbee flinging

Wheel Nut:

Alfa1M:
Also to add, anyone who knows Brenntag who run out of Trafford Park, I have been on AdR courses with 2 of their drivers who both eager to tell us how easy their job is, contracted to 40 hrs on a set salary could do the days run in 6 hrs if they wanted to but fear of getting back to yard early incase of a second run coming up… perhaps this 45 hrs cut off for pay is to try and stop lazy drivers clearing their run and then hanging round the corner for 2 hours.

But that has been happening since horse and carts, the keen ones rush back and end up mucking out the stable, the ones sat round the corner are too late to do another run or nip a trailer to the docks, both get home at the same time.

That depends if there’s watertight a job and finish agreement,that does what it says on the label,in place. :bulb: :wink: So if you don’t hang the job out you go home early.If they want to add another ‘job’ to the allocated run,that’s overtime time even if you still finish within your hours.No ifs no buts. :bulb: :wink: :smiley:

AnotherDriver:
Hi, i recently went for a interview in manchester for class 2 driving and the job advert didnt have the salary advertised… when the interviewer said class 2 get 9.50ph and class 1 10.60 ph and anything over 45 hours you dont get paid and no paid breaks … is it just me or is that taking the ■■■■? :smiley:

It certainly is taking the pi$$ as you say. I was on a job and finish night trunk at Swifts in the late 70’s and 80’s we were paid for 50 hours and if we did less we went home with no loss of earnings, we booked overtime after 10 hours each night and when a new MD started with the company he told us that there would no longer be overtime pay after 10 hours, for the next week we stopped at 10 hours wherever we were and they had to send drivers out in cars to collect us and the trucks, I stopped at Corley services twice that week, after the week was over we had a meeting with management and the overtime pay was re-instated.

steviespain:
Mebbe things are on the up.
I´ve just seen an ad for a volumetric mixer driver, 40k a year.
indeed.co.uk/cmp/HH-Muckers … 1511317592
Thats a take home per week of nearly 600 beer vouchers

And another at 27k
indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=4f6 … =iarecjobs
Take home 400 squids

These were in the same email, I haven´t gone hunting for em at all.

(I applied for one of ém :smiley: )

How many hours contour need to work I believe volumetric vehicles are tach exempt

mugsy:

steviespain:
Mebbe things are on the up.
I´ve just seen an ad for a volumetric mixer driver, 40k a year.
indeed.co.uk/cmp/HH-Muckers … 1511317592
Thats a take home per week of nearly 600 beer vouchers

And another at 27k
indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=4f6 … =iarecjobs
Take home 400 squids

These were in the same email, I haven´t gone hunting for em at all.

(I applied for one of ém :smiley: )

How many hours contour need to work I believe volumetric vehicles are tach exempt

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155181&hilit=volumetric

The government has made a further announcement to clarify the regulation of volumetric concrete mixers, which will fall in line with other HGVs beginning in September 2018.

smmt.co.uk/2018/04/volumetr … gulations/

edd1974:

…A classic example of how one can be expected to work 5 or 6 shifts a week, each shift lasting 12-15 hours…

“It only counts for a 9.5 hour shift if you don’t put your card in until loaded, and pop your card the moment you get back to base, even if you’re around the yard for another 90 minutes…”

Hey Presto! a 13.5 hour shift that only shows as 9.5 hours on your card! You can now do 5 of such shifts per week, every week! :angry: