Poor pay again.

Will wages ever go up?..I thought there was a driver shortage? £9 per hour was okay fifteen years ago.

Don’t work for them if you don’t like what they pay.

A.

Subsidising the…

Kelsa bars and frilly curtains.

Just looked at the blinged up fleet, the usual romper room kiddies toys all over them.

As above, just don’t work for them, let them recruit who they deserve.

I get Just over 9 quid an hour basic. I did leave for short time and was on £11 per hour. But in that job the contract hours were 40, current job it’s 50, current job get paid for every hour straight through, other one deducted breaks, current one does average holiday pay, that one was doing basic holiday pay, current one pays for your cpc and you get paid for the day while you do it. Other one you had to pay for each cpc course and you didn’t get paid for the day when you did it meaning you had to do it on a day off!

I’ve obly just started there but it didn’t take long to work out that overall I actually was as well off on £9 per hour than £11 when you looked into the whole deal.

Swings and roundabouts eh

Im on just over 9ph and i get everything paid for even down to cleaning stuff for inside the cab.The other bonus i have its only 15mins from the house there is jobs paying alot more than i get but to me happiness comes before money.Wages also depends on were in the country you live i can easily and very comfortably live on the wage i get.The plus side is ive paid my mortgage off and dont owe money on a car at the moment.

Rowley010:
I get Just over 9 quid an hour basic. I did leave for short time and was on £11 per hour. But in that job the contract hours were 40, current job it’s 50, current job get paid for every hour straight through, other one deducted breaks, current one does average holiday pay, that one was doing basic holiday pay, current one pays for your cpc and you get paid for the day while you do it. Other one you had to pay for each cpc course and you didn’t get paid for the day when you did it meaning you had to do it on a day off!

I’ve obly just started there but it didn’t take long to work out that overall I actually was as well off on £9 per hour than £11 when you looked into the whole deal.

But you’re doing 25% more hours so how are you as well off? :unamused:

TiredAndEmotional:

Rowley010:

But you’re doing 25% more hours so how are you as well off? :unamused:

Both jobs are tramping so why would I want to be parked up after 8 hours when on an hourly rate when tramping? If it was days then yeah I’d rather do as little as possible and go home, but away then might as well try an max the hours if paid hourly

Rowley010:

Just a quick note,everyone has to do average holiday pay now…think it’s an average of your last 12 weeks iirc.

As said, it all depends on which area you live, and it usually determines your hour pay rate.
I live in an area that aint exactly famous for paying brilliant wages, which is why I went down the outbased at home working for firms from other areas route, and it worked for me very well for about 13 or so years after the business went ■■■■ north.

Nowadays I work for a firm which is maybe let’s say…the best of a bunch in the area.
The pay aint brilliant, and nowhere near to what I was used to, but it’s more than what some others are on around here, the kids are all grown up now, so I am ok with the money, …plus I’ve sorted myself a handy little stress free number in the firm,.and best of all I’m home for every (long) weekend with my trophy wife. :sunglasses: :laughing:

I have been offered a better paying job in the time I’ve been with them, but it was back to a ‘never home’ situation, done it, got the t.shirt AND the hoodie on that score…, so I’m staying put.

The process of actual capitalism and price discovery has been slowed almost to stagnation by the UK still remaining in the EU.

Imagine what effect a so-called “Cliff-edge Brexit” will have when local employers cannot get hold of immigrant drivers anymore to fill these £9ph jobs for love nor money… :bulb:

I hope you’re right Winseer, but with a remainer PM and most of the Cabinet (the few leaver ministers seemingly neutered) being remainers, readily capitulating to the EUSSR’s demands, what with a 2 year at least transition period, which will be extended no doubt during which time we still continue to pay the full UK contribution :unamused:
well, you can see that happy time when unlimited immigration is slowed, is many years away, and seeing as it will coincide with the next general election the chances of Brexit coming to pass is dwindling.
I wouldn’t be pinning any hopes of decent pay increases in the hire and reward sector on the cliff edge.

It’s the electorate’s fault, they keep voting for and therefore endorsing traitors, well represented in the house.
Doing the same thing over and over again whilst expecting a different result is a definition of lunacy.

xichrisxi:

Rowley010:

Just a quick note,everyone has to do average holiday pay now…think it’s an average of your last 12 weeks iirc.

We’res that written down in employment law then.

biggriffin:

xichrisxi:

Rowley010:

It’s in the Working Time Directive.

legal-island.com/articles/u … elopments/

biggriffin:

It was also ruled on in an Employment Appeal Tribunal case that non-voluntary overtime must be included. Read up on Bear Scotland vs Fulton.

Further on another case against Dudley council in July last year also ruled that entirely voluntary duties, such as voluntary overtime, standby, call-out work and travel-time linked to that work, should be included in the calculation of workers’ holiday pay.

More here: unitetheunion.org/news/unite … -in-order/

I take it by your disbelief over it that your employer is shafting you?

Harry Monk:

biggriffin:

xichrisxi:

Rowley010:

It’s in the Working Time Directive.

legal-island.com/articles/u … elopments/

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the EAT decided that an average of hours worked over the reference period should be paid as an average for holiday pay. My understanding is that solicitors advise everyone to pay the average; the precedent was set, so further claims would result in having to pay holiday pay over a period of time. However, I don’t think, unless I missed it, it is technically a legal requirement.

acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4109

In general, workers should receive the same pay while they are on annual leave as they normally receive while they are at work. They should not be deterred from taking leave because they are paid less while they are on leave.
This principle only applies to the 4 weeks of annual leave required by the EU Working Time Directive. All workers also receive a further 1.6 weeks of annual leave required by UK law, and some receive additional amounts as a part of their contracts too. Many employers choose to apply the judgments to this extra annual leave. Doing this is not a legal requirement but can help to keep their processes simple and understandable.

If you don’t want to work for £9 don’t. Leave it for the others who do.
Usual on here drivers trying to dictate to others what they should be doing/ earning.

harrawaffa:
If you don’t want to work for £9 don’t. Leave it for the others who do.
Usual on here drivers trying to dictate to others what they should be doing/ earning.

Yes but it’s the clowns that will work for £9 per hour that ruin it for everyone else.

Mickey mouse:
Yes but it’s the clowns that will work for £9 per hour that ruin it for everyone else.

Along with those who charge around on the limiter everywhere and shortcutting the job at every opportunity by doing things like not strapping down loads etc. Your boss seeing how fast you can do the job just gives you more work to do in the same time so eventually you end up doing what would be 6 days work in 5 days and only getting paid 5 days wage.

biggriffin:

xichrisxi:

Rowley010:

As above.