Poor Maccy D’s

McDonalds are blaming shortages in their outlets on a lack of lorry drivers.

Would these be the same lorry drivers who worked all through lockdown delivering essential supplies only to be refused service at McDonalds because it was “drive through only”?

Reap what you sow.

Edit to add; who the hell is Marcy D?

I have no idea where there milkshake comes from etc
But id bet the problem is more to do with the warehouse / rdc/: factory where it comes from.

I feel company’s are jumping on the band wagon now. Blaming a shortage of drivers for everything when half the time the problems lie at rdcs manafactors running on a budget skeleton staff etc

This the new excuse why the ice cream machine isn’t working? They had shortages long ago and always will do, but thats just the individual stores not ordering enough of whatever.

I thought their delivery drivers (forgotten the company) were quite well paid so can’t imagine its the deliveries having problems.

Considering we don’t have zero unemployment, why not just tell those claiming we got a job for you - working in a food processing factory or one of the supply chain companies. Take it or lose ypur benefits. No need for all these visa things.

trevHCS:
This the new excuse why the ice cream machine isn’t working? They had shortages long ago and always will do, but thats just the individual stores not ordering enough of whatever.

I thought their delivery drivers (forgotten the company) were quite well paid so can’t imagine its the deliveries having problems.

Considering we don’t have zero unemployment, why not just tell those claiming we got a job for you - working in a food processing factory or one of the supply chain companies. Take it or lose ypur benefits. No need for all these visa things.

Forget the “or lose your benefits” - they are the lowest benefits in europe by far and they are paid for many times over in tax. Double the benefits and you are looking at something close to europe.

trevHCS:

They always say the ice-cream machine isn’t working because they don’t want to clean it before going home

drover:
They always say the ice-cream machine isn’t working because they don’t want to clean it before going home

Lawsuits in…

The US over ice-cream machines.

wmbfnews.com/2021/08/09/mcd … ing-order/

They used to be called milkshakes here in the UK until it was pointed out that there’s no milk at all in them. This was around the time that Kentucky Fried Chicken was shortened to KFC. Obviously if you’re eating chicken in Wigan, the product wasn’t fried in Kentucky.

Funny old world innit.

Juat a PR stunt maybe?
Some good free advertising.

10 of our drivers (EU) went to McDonald’s paying them £25+per hour.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I was told by an ex employee that it’s nothing to do with ingredient shortages and just because the machine is PITA to clean and maintain and the staff hate doing it.

Very interesting video on the Ice cream machine at Mcdonalds.