pond hopping

Can anyone enlighten me?
A customer has asked me if I can pop over the water for them, how ever I only have standard national O licence. my question is, someone has told me I can go over very occasionally on my O licence, is this true?
I’m not one for taking a chance as insurance would be void etc.
Robbo

No don’t think that’s true mate. You must hold an international licence for hire or reward or a restricted international for your own goods. Have you got a operator CPC? If so, what year did you pass it as you may be qualified for international and just need to apply for international licence

Matt.

There are some who do this,I don’t know how they do it ,but it sounded a bit risky.

You’d be nuts to go over on a standard national licence, the discs are a different colour for a kick off which would be like a red rag to a bull for the rozzers over there and yes, you’re insurance would be void.

You can use a standard national licence to cross between northern ireland and ireland, but you can’t enter dublin.

xfmatt:
for your own goods.

For reference you can take your own goods abroad on a restricted or standard licence.

mrpj:

xfmatt:
for your own goods.

For reference you can take your own goods abroad on a restricted or standard licence.

I know. I was just pointing out the minimum requirement for international would be a restricted as long as you were carrying your own goods!