Polluting cars to pay more for parking

Owners of the most polluting older cars may soon have to pay twice as much for parking in England as councils across England roll out new charges based on a vehicles CO2 emissions :open_mouth: theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ā€¦ ng-england

As ALWAYS with these ā– ā– ā– ā–  schemes and campaigns, you get the chance to play theā€¦
ā€˜ā€˜Find the TRUE agendaā€™ā€™ game.
Cynicism is a quality and a virtue in my book.

Because to anybody who is switched on, you can sure as hell bet nothing is as it is reported set out, or explained. :bulb:
There is always a:motive in the background where something ā€˜honourableā€™ is being used as a front, to achieve something else,.whether it be speed cameras, or rules on load security, ā€¦ not 9, but usually 10 times out of 10, it is money.

So yet again they jump on the buzz word of ā€˜Greenā€™ getvthe gullible on their side, but in reality it is there to embezzle more cash out of motorists who prefer to run big cars, diesel cars ā€¦or both, and in reality caring about green issues to financial ones on an 80/20 ratioā€¦on the financial side obviously.

But the clever part of this one is itā€™s a double whammy.
Itā€™s obviously a way of ā€˜wearing downā€™ the sane groups of motorists into buying preferably an electric.car.
So for first 1 to 2 years we all feel the financial benefits of our electric cars, with an air of green smugness, after we fall for their trick.
Then lo and behold they have got us over that barrel,.and they then go on to tax their favourable electric cars to the hilt by some way or another.

So when Lambeth council prove they can make a killing on this,.all other councils will sute as hell follow suit.

Good old UK eh?.

If they can afford a 4x4 to go pick the kid up from school they can afford to pay a bit more to park. You make everyone eat your exhaust fumes - you pay more. Thatā€™s fair all day long.

JeffA:
If they can afford a 4x4 to go pick the kid up from school they can afford to pay a bit more to park. You make everyone eat your exhaust fumes - you pay more. Thatā€™s fair all day long.

I see you have swallowed the pollution con,.where engines are the cleanest they have ever been for 60 years.
Please no official.ststements links or ā€˜proofā€™ to refute it from the usual suspect (s).

So what about average Joe in his diesel.Mondeo that he bought,.when diesels were flavour of the month, so he was encouraged to do soā€¦

Then as if by magic overnight they are condemned because of pressure from the lefty Greens and Lentil eaters.
How much of the long day is that fair in your book?

So just another way to rinse more money from people while hiding behind the ā€œGreenā€ agenda.

A bit like the ULEZ zones in London and similar schemes across other cities wonā€™t reduce pollution because people still need to use their vehicles just as much, but Khan and the rest can rake in the tax while pretending they are saving the planet.

If your local council has signed up to the climate emergency which most have then theyā€™re duty bound to reduce emission YOY. local.gov.uk/delivering-local-net-zero

lancpudn:
If your local council has signed up to the climate emergency which most have then theyā€™re duty bound to reduce emission YOY. local.gov.uk/delivering-local-net-zero

Thatā€™s the whole point that some of us are making ā€¦of course they have.

ONLY because it qualifies them to carry out these money making scams officially,.whilst being seen at the same time toā€¦ā€˜do the right thingā€™

robroy:

lancpudn:

Thatā€™s the whole point that some of us are making ā€¦of course they have.

ONLY because it qualifies them to carry out these money making scams officially,.whilst being seen at the same time toā€¦ā€˜do the right thingā€™

It might get even more stricter as the EUā€™s science advisers are urging the EU to reduce emissions by 90-95% by 2040. euractiv.com/section/climat ā€¦ 5-by-2040/

They still donā€™t get it do they :unamused: we arnā€™t all sheep waiting with adoration for the next words of wisdom from the politician/oligarch/environmentalist of the day telling us what weā€™ll do/think/buy/drive today, forgetting that 5 minutes ago their immediate predecessors in the musical chairs of their respective clubs wanted us to do something entirely different but which today has been deemed evil apparent, no matter how much propaganda they spew forth some of us havenā€™t done as weā€™re told for most of our lives and sure as hell we ainā€™t starting now.

Councils aided and abetted by business owners (and it must be said too many staff) took customers for granted, made getting to and from the towns as difficult as possible what with various one way systems etc, then charge people to park for the privelidge of wanting to visit and spend they money.
Need to use the toilet? bad luck staff only in the business premises (but still pay us Ā£2000+ for a bed/sound system why donā€™t you), the council will also charge you to visit the loo if you can find one.
Need serving? when my colleague and myself have finished discussing the topic of the moment.
Dodge the beggars and neā€™er do wells yourself, police nowhere to be seen.

I really couldnā€™t give a monkeys how much they charge for parking, apart from supermarket shopping we almost never visit the town, theyā€™ve made it as unwelcoming as they can so they can carry on discussing in endless meetings why they town is dying and then vote to double down on the best way to continue the process of destruction :unamused:

Apart from supermarket shopping i canā€™t remember the last time i went into town, almost everything else is purchased online and delivered here.

Juddian:
They still donā€™t get it do they :unamused: we arnā€™t all sheep waiting with adoration for the next words of wisdom from the politician/oligarch/environmentalist of the day telling us what weā€™ll do/think/buy/drive today, forgetting that 5 minutes ago their immediate predecessors in the musical chairs of their respective clubs wanted us to do something entirely different but which today has been deemed evil apparent, no matter how much propaganda they spew forth some of us havenā€™t done as weā€™re told for most of our lives and sure as hell we ainā€™t starting now.

Councils aided and abetted by business owners (and it must be said too many staff) took customers for granted, made getting to and from the towns as difficult as possible what with various one way systems etc, then charge people to park for the privelidge of wanting to visit and spend they money.
Need to use the toilet? bad luck staff only in the business premises (but still pay us Ā£2000+ for a bed/sound system why donā€™t you), the council will also charge you to visit the loo if you can find one.
Need serving? when my colleague and myself have finished discussing the topic of the moment.
Dodge the beggars and neā€™er do wells yourself, police nowhere to be seen.

I really couldnā€™t give a monkeys how much they charge for parking, apart from supermarket shopping we almost never visit the town, theyā€™ve made it as unwelcoming as they can so they can carry on discussing in endless meetings why they town is dying and then vote to double down on the best way to continue the process of destruction :unamused:

Apart from supermarket shopping i canā€™t remember the last time i went into town, almost everything else is purchased online and delivered here.

We live about 11 miles out of the city, if I go out with mates at weekends, the Mrs gives me a lift, but when we are out together for a decent meal,.and to hit the bars afterwards,.we leave the car on an all.day overnight car park, and get bus home,ā€¦as the combined prices are cheaper than a taxi home.
So if it goes up to double,.that will no longer be the case. :unamused:

I get what you say about them discouraging you to use the town by all the restrictions, rules regs,.and prices (a bit like discouraging people to enter this ā– ā– ā– ā–  industry :unamused: ) ā€¦ but they just donā€™t,.or at least refuse, to get it.

robroy:

JeffA:

I see you have swallowed the pollution con,.where engines are the cleanest they have ever been for 60 years.
Please no official.ststements links or ā€˜proofā€™ to refute it from the usual suspect (s).

So what about average Joe in his diesel.Mondeo that he bought,.when diesels were flavour of the month, so he was encouraged to do soā€¦

Then as if by magic overnight they are condemned because of pressure from the lefty Greens and Lentil eaters.
How much of the long day is that fair in your book?

So what if theyā€™re the cleanest in 60 years? Would you put your mouth around an exhaust and breathe in? No - neither would I so they canā€™t be that clean can they? And air quality is the worst itā€™s been in my lifetime so I donā€™t get your ā€œcleanā€ argument. Do you want to be in a place like Beijing where thereā€™s so much car exhaust you canā€™t see the sky?

The other problem with your point is 60 years ago there were only a fraction of the number of cars on the roads there are now. They might be ā€œcleanerā€ but thereā€™s 40 million more of them so itā€™s still a lot worse.

^^^^^^Aye so ā€˜Theyā€™ say, so it must be right. :unamused:

Imagine the exhaust emissions as a lawn or patch of grass, once over it was up to your chest, when we all ran around under filthy Gardener Engine powerā€¦
It has been cut down and cut down to it is now like a well kept putting greenā€¦or Euro 6 or whatever tf it is now.

That putting green aka todayā€™s engines, are sufficiently improved to do the job, with absolute minimal pollutionā€¦despite what THEY tell us and YOU believe.

So now that problem has been to all intents and purposes, and in real terms ā€˜solvedā€™ ā€¦well at least by anybody other than the left eco warriors,.
So what is the next fashionable campaign, where do we go next?
Ban flights?

There is always going to be an element of pollution or to use your lotā€™s latest buzz words ā€˜carbon footprintā€™ :unamused:, so unless we go back to horse and carts,.and burning candles it will always be so.

Thereā€™s nobody telling me anything - you can feel it every time you walk down a busy street. Does it feel like youā€™re breathing clean air?

And thereā€™s millions more cars now anyway so any tiny improvement in the last 60 years doesnā€™t make any difference. Iā€™ve never known air pollution as bad as it is now. You could feel the difference during lockdown - when you went outside the air was so clean and the sky too.

Didnā€™t some kid drop dead from asthma caused by living on a busy road?

JeffA:
Thereā€™s nobody telling me anything - you can feel it every time you walk down a busy street. Does it feel like youā€™re breathing clean air?

And thereā€™s millions more cars now anyway so any tiny improvement in the last 60 years doesnā€™t make any difference. Iā€™ve never known air pollution as bad as it is now. You could feel the difference during lockdown - when you went outside the air was so clean and the sky too.

Didnā€™t some kid drop dead from asthma caused by living on a busy road?

Again media hypeā€¦
I dont doubt that the ONE kid in the whole country died, but by the same token,.millions didnā€™t.

And a TINY difference?
A difference akin to chalk and cheese more like.

As for lockdown, of course the air was cleaner, with a vast difference 99 % of the country was locked in their houses,.virtually no cars on the road,.and absolutely no civil aircraft flying.

It canā€™t be that big a difference if the tories are going to ban new petrol and diesel cars in 2030. Someone must think they still cause pollution - and the tories would rather see us all choking on fumes and living in a country dryer than Saudi than get of their bottoms and do something about pollution so it must be desperately bad.

Not every kid dies no - but cars cause about 4 million cases of asthma in kids.

What else do we do? Just carry on as normal until the smog is too thick to see through?

JeffA:
It canā€™t be that big a difference if the tories are going to ban new petrol and diesel cars in 2030. Someone must think they still cause pollution - and the tories would rather see us all choking on fumes and living in a country dryer than Saudi than get of their bottoms and do something about pollution so it must be desperately bad.

Not every kid dies no - but cars cause about 4 million cases of asthma in kids.

What else do we do? Just carry on as normal until the smog is too thick to see through?

But does it cause it or exacerbate it?

You tell me mate.
I reckon that smog scenario will never happen.
But then again I donā€™t believe the hypeā€¦As Iā€™ve said before I hardly ever believe anything I am told by any form of officialdom,.but thatā€™s just the way I am. :neutral_face:

Absolute nonsense. Itā€™s parking ffs, higher polluting vehicles have paid the extra already in tax and zone charges surely.
Not polluting when itā€™s parked :question:

What we need is a realist political party that will over turn all this heavy theft/ taxation,also the BS doom and gloom lies about the climate change which is of course all about ripping us off with more taxes.I will always avoid paying parking fees anywhere I go, I find the spots just away from anywhere I need to visit.Local councils are getting worse for ruining local areasā€¦They are Labour near me and want to turn the City into a student immigrant import dump.

Narc:
What we need is a realist political party that will over turn all this heavy theft/ taxation,also the BS doom and gloom lies about the climate change which is of course all about ripping us off with more taxes.I will always avoid paying parking fees anywhere I go, I find the spots just away from anywhere I need to visit.Local councils are getting worse for ruining local areasā€¦They are Labour near me and want to turn the City into a student immigrant import dump.

Eh? So the Amazon being cut down is leftist propaganda? The polar ice caps arnā€™t melting? Itā€™s all just a ruse by Harriet Harman? Donā€™t be daft.

BTW, the tories are in control of migration policy - not Labour.

JeffA:

Narc:

Eh? So the Amazon being cut down is leftist propaganda? The polar ice caps arnā€™t melting? Itā€™s all just a ruse by Harriet Harman? Donā€™t be daft.

BTW, the tories are in control of migration policy - not Labour.

I ainā€™t as big an ā€˜expertā€™ in all this as much as you appear to be. :smiley:
ā€¦
In my view the ā€˜damageā€™ you mention has been done long term, over hundreds of years, due to the pollution we have lived with over that time, due to industrial emissions and all the crap freely being disposed of in the air.
It isnā€™t just the result of the relatively new internal combustion engine,.although it has obviously added much to it over the years.

But to get back to my lawn analogy, the motor industry has done itā€™s bit to get it down to well kept putting green standards, from the old wasteland ā€˜long grassā€™ standard.

Maybe clamp down on the real culprits of the causes, unscrupulous countries and their industries that just do not bother, and leave ne alone to park my car in peace, ā€¦and run my Eco Mondeo* .
(*Finally outed myself as Mr Boringaverage. :blush: :laughing: )