Pollocks pay and working conditions

Hi Troops,

Can anyone on this forum tell me what Pollocks pay their drivers either hrly weekly or annual rates. Also are they a good company to work for.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Safe trucking

This firm has been discussed many times on here , try the search button , you should find all you need :wink:

I have heard that Stobart pays a lot more! HTH :wink:

Troops,

I would really like to hear it from the horses mouth - so to speak :smiley: , ie Pollocks drivers as they seem to be getting a lot of negative comments. They can’t be that bad or no one would work for them.

Cheers troops

I spoke to a Pollocks driver recently and he was talking about how they get money stopped from their pay for Insurance claimed accidents ffs! :open_mouth:

Minimum wage or close to hourly rate aswell! :open_mouth:
I remember when Stobarts bought Irlams and I was doing a trailer swap at Carnforth with another driver! Went into the restaurant for some breakfast and 3 Pollock drivers asked us when Stobart was buying them out cause they needed the payrise! And they were being SERIOUS! :laughing:

That is pretty disgusting!!!. If true.

armyman:

The driver I spoke to recently was Lancashire based and I couldn’t believe he and his colleagues were taking that crap from them! But he said there wasn’t a lot of choice in the area for full-time work!

I would personally travel further afield for work but each to their own! :neutral_face:

I’ll let someone who works there put me right! :wink:

What do companies pay insurance for. Maybe the driver as had few bangs.

armyman:
What do companies pay insurance for. Maybe the driver as had few bangs.

He may have been spinning a good yarn aswell mate! :wink:

About £480 - £500 take home 4 nights out .

gunnerheskey,

I guess you work for pollock or you have been speaking to another driver?

armyman:
They can’t be that bad or no one would work for them.

Cheers troops

If that statement was true driving would improve dramatically all round.

Oh. I misread the thread I’m afraid.

Thought it was about “Pollocks pay and Prap” conditions. :smiley:

dessy:
I remember when Stobarts bought Irlams :

So do I - was the worst day of my life!!! Good job ruined

dessy:

armyman:

The driver I spoke to recently was Lancashire based and I couldn’t believe he and his colleagues were taking that crap from them! But he said there wasn’t a lot of choice in the area for full-time work!

I would personally travel further afield for work but each to their own! :neutral_face:

I’ll let someone who works there put me right! :wink:

I’ve head the same from a Carnforth based driver too.

I’ve been told (And having worked for them via agency) that it’s between £400 - £500 a week 4 nights out.

Think the around £500 mark is running out sunday afternoon…

I seem to remember the boss at Pollocks coming on here with his nappy in a twist once, because somebody had slagged them off for paying ■■■■ poor wages, or did I imagine it??

He/she doesn’t like to give time off too apparently…

Not surprised if its to attend job interviews elsewhere… :confused: