pollock

After some info on Pollock transport, about to change jobs, and looking at Pollock working out of carnforth looking for night shift. Any info, ie pay, holidays, weather they take on drivers at mowould be appreciated

don’t do it shelf stackers get more money

Their work load is increasing by 25% so looking for plenty of drivers, but from what I gather the money is poor.

Hi, There has been a number of posts on here slating Pollock (scotrans) in Bathgate, if its the same company your asking about. I was eager to speak to one of there drivers after reading the absolute bashing they got, one of them was parked up in our yard so over I went, he says it was a good job and seemed pretty content.

Cheer’s, anyone know what the yearly salary is

Yer a few lads have said there are happy there. Just wondering what type of shifts they run… 4 on 4off ,5 on 3 off etc, anyone

merc0447:
Their work load is increasing by 25% so looking for plenty of drivers, but from what I gather the money is poor.

Very diplomatic :wink:

redboxer850:

merc0447:

Very diplomatic :wink:

You have to be :smiley: but i don’t blame pollock, if not them then someone else. But its proper bottom eh the barrel stuff, expected a stobart/dhl type outfit. Its also a massive number 25% they are going to need to throw the kitchen sink at it to make it work.

I blame prdc, the constant threats about decreasing their reference period from 26 weeks to 17 weeks and never coming in for backhauls just killed us.

I had 9 relativity good years, i can’t complain really.

Keith badge:
Cheer’s, anyone know what the yearly salary is

£10,987 per annum :laughing: cause an accident and they’ll take the other £10,987 off you and then the other £10,987 they should of paid you will be for daring to have 5.6 weeks holiday a year! :wink: god help it, if you need a day off for a funeral :smiley: unless it’s your own you can have the day off! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Someone from Pollox will be along shortly, :laughing: to confirm p1$s poor wages ( after they’ve just bought gilbraiths for £25,000,000 and they’ll cry poverty but hey they’ll be driving a range rover or Ferrari or C63 AMG ) whilst you’re pulling your tripe out for £7 an hour! :grimacing:

Good luck in your former employment :wink: do you want stobrats number as well while your on a roll! :sunglasses: British haulage at it’s VERY BEST! :grimacing:

Keith badge:
Yer a few lads have said there are happy there. Just wondering what type of shifts they run… 4 on 4off ,5 on 3 off etc, anyone

jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob. … ID=7540706

That ad is 4 on 4 off, but ive also seen ads for dayshift monday-friday, and trampers monday to friday.

Think you’ve covered all bases there folks, cheersr

hear they bought grampian mcclennans as of 1st june 2014. a few drivers looking for jobs after 12 months no doubt.

Good tackle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I inquired about a 4 on 4 off in Cupar and was told it was £400 or £450 per week doing 10-12 hour shifts (salaried) but told there is plenty of overtime available but not sure what the overtime rate is.
Apparently they have bought Grampian Maclennans but it’s not official yet.

Mainzer:
I inquired about a 4 on 4 off in Cupar and was told it was £400 or £450 per week doing 10-12 hour shifts (salaried) but told there is plenty of overtime available but not sure what the overtime rate is.

that salary is at the top before tax and ni. 5 x 12hr shifts gets you an average of £340 in your hand. overtime rate is £9.00ph for new starts

Mainzer:

They have only bought the central division of grampian maclennans, the banff based drivers are being taken over by caladoinan logistics i believe