Pollock Scotrans

Hi Everyone,

As I am new to the industry I was wondering if anyone on here worked for Pollock Scotrans or had any experience of them?

I am looking to find out about pay and chances of getting full time tramping work.

Thanks.

I took a job for them when I first passed class 1.i didn’t stay as I found it to be ridiculously underpaid and. They don’t pay hourly its a salary basically you come out with around 410 a week after deductions but you will work at least 60 hours to get it. That’s more than a pound an hour below minimum wage. The work itself was easy enough, I worked nights, left alone to do the job, drop and swap return to yard pretty much.

scottishdriver1:
Hi Everyone,

As I am new to the industry I was wondering if anyone on here worked for Pollock Scotrans or had any experience of them?

I am looking to find out about pay and chances of getting full time tramping work.

Thanks.

why dont you use the search option at the top of the page ?. there are 10 pages about pollock.

Apply for the job if invited for interview.Ask all the questions.

They were never brilliant payers, but I reckon they’ll be ideal to start off with to get some experience,.and all the kit is top notch which is a bonus in that respect.
Definitely a better option than your first choice on your other thread …tipper work.
As said get in touch with them.

Rob pollocks got a few bulk and aggregate trailers.there was some rigids as well but never lasted long cheers Ray

Oops double post :open_mouth:

Didn’t know that, thought it was all tautliner work.

See them running around my area quite often (Midlothian).not seen the rigids for a couple of years though cheers Ray

Saw one dragging an Amazon trailer round the M60 this morning.

Sixties boy:
Saw one dragging an Amazon trailer round the M60 this morning.

Did it not have any wheels ?