POLL: Who's hanging up their keys?

So, two weeks to go.

After years of “I’m not sitting in a classroom learning what I already know, I’ll just hang my keys up” chatter, who actually hasn’t bothered to do the DCPC?

Neither for me as I never moaned about doing it,I got paid a normal days wage and did them on a working day so cost me nowt apart from a dose of brain numbness.

So you’ve done it like the good little boy that you are then.

If you look closely, there’s an option for that.

Got my card issued on the 12/5/14 :smiley:

Contraflow:
So, two weeks to go.

After years of “I’m not sitting in a classroom learning what I already know, I’ll just hang my keys up” chatter, who actually hasn’t bothered to do the DCPC?

Me :smiley:

Contraflow:

Haha you sound like one of the old bitter drivers on our place,I’ve done it because the law requires me to so so.
I get paid very well,I’m not going to lose it because “it’s a load of bollox ect ect ect”,I left the moaning for others to do…that doesn’t make me “a good little boy”,more someone who could see that no matter how much you dragged your bottom lip around sulking like a child it had to be done by law.
As said above,I did it because I got paid to do it and it meant I kept my job after the impending date…being a whinging ■■■■ don’t pay the bills sunshine.

ckm1981:

Contraflow:

Haha you sound like one of the old bitter drivers on our place,I’ve done it because the law requires me to so so.
I get paid very well,I’m not going to lose it because “it’s a load of bollox ect ect ect”,I left the moaning for others to do…that doesn’t make me “a good little boy”,more someone who could see that no matter how much you dragged your bottom lip around sulking like a child it had to be done by law.
As said above,I did it because I got paid to do it and it meant I kept my job after the impending date…being a whinging [zb] don’t pay the bills sunshine.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve done it, got the card and got paid 5 full Saturdays to do it.

ckm1981:

Contraflow:

As said above,I did it because I got paid to do it and it meant I kept my job after the impending date…being a whinging [zb] don’t pay the bills sunshine.

Have you ever heard me moan about it? Thought not. You’re reading too much into the question, sunshine.

happysack:
I’ve done it, got the card and got paid 5 full Saturdays to do it.

+1

Contraflow:

ckm1981:

Contraflow:

Have you ever heard me moan about it? Thought not. You’re reading too much into the question, sunshine.

Did I say YOU moaned about it?..your seeing words that ain’t there sunshine.

ckm1981:

ckm1981:
Haha you sound like one of the old bitter drivers on our place… being a whinging [zb] don’t pay the bills sunshine.

Hmmm. One could be excused for thinking you were talking to me there, sunshine.

Well I am DEFINITELY not hanging up my keys. Mainly because I don’t actually have any keys to hang up. :slight_smile:

Have the DQC though as heard you can get a discount at Alton Towers with it and ten percent off at the till in Tesco’s. Or was it following a Tesco driver will add ten percent onto your journey time - I can’t remember now… :neutral_face:

Contraflow:

ckm1981:

ckm1981:
Haha you sound like one of the old bitter drivers on our place… being a whinging [zb] don’t pay the bills sunshine.

Hmmm. One could be excused for thinking you were talking to me there, sunshine.

image.jpg

limeyphils taking me on and promised me i don’t need DCPC nor a tacho card.

I might see a few of you in Italy, can’t talk for long though we’re on a quick turnaround. :stuck_out_tongue:

LIBERTY_GUY:
Have the DQC though as heard you can get a discount at Alton Towers with it and ten percent off at the till in Tesco’s. Or was it following a Tesco driver will add ten percent onto your journey time - I can’t remember now… :neutral_face:

:slight_smile:

I was thinking of starting a similar poll, although maybe without being quite as sarcastic, :laughing: so thank you Contraflow for saving me the bother.

I have been a good little boy, I’ve done it, I like my job, my company paid and I did during work time, it was a complete waste of my time and the company’s money. :imp:

The poll so far is interesting, how will the transport industry deal with it, if they lose 10% of their drivers?

I’ve done either 2 or 3 modules, I can’t remember as it was a while ago, but won’t be doing the others to take it to the 35 hours. But then I did hang my keys up 18 months ago and not for DCPC reasons but because I wanted a change. I would have been due a medical to renew my licence in March but I just had to do the photo renewal so the C and C+E is now valid until 27/05/2019 but I don’t expect to be using it. I did choose the ‘NO’ option in the poll.

Completed it 2 weeks ago and used rest days for the whole lot. That way I kept everybody happy and wound up making more money by doing double runs on Sundays to cover the guys who lost a days work because they let the agency book the courses for them. The extra hours plus receipts more than covered my costs :smiley:

I am still looking at hanging up the keys though but its not easy to walk away from my current income

35 hrs of training to continue earning £11/hr or 26 weeks of sitting on the dole getting nothing because you’ve been sanctioned for deliberately making yourself unemployed…

£32k a year or less than £4k dole…