Polishing durabright alloys

hi quick question can you use autosol metal polish on durabright alloy wheels? or does it take the lacquer off? has anyone has done it on here?
thanks.

Gibwil90:
hi quick question can you use autosol metal polish on durabright alloy wheels? or does it take the lacquer off? has anyone has done it on here?
thanks.

I have durabrites and when I asked Alcoa about using just a wax polish on them was told not to put any polish on them as it could affect the durabrite treatment. However, having said that I have polished mine with a wax polish once, just to get rid of all the tat spots on them. Hope this helps.

it just the fact there getting a bit dull now even with a wash with soapy water. so autosol polish would be to abrasive do you think?

Gibwil90:
it just the fact there getting a bit dull now even with a wash with soapy water. so autosol polish would be to abrasive do you think?

Yes I would think so.

aluminium-wheels.co.uk/shop/

Hope this helps, they don’t even recommend there own metal polish on Durabrites

Wax is fine to use on durabrights, just don’t use any form of abrasive polish :wink:

A light polish with T cut… !! don’t use autosol… or even Brasso., then put light smear of car wax on them they will be fine, just don’t rub to hard :wink:

cheers ill try that

Gibwil90:
cheers ill try that

pink? :grimacing: or tango! :laughing: rub nicely :sunglasses: