Polish Truck Driver Crying on BBC

turkish driver behind got £30 fine for parking on m25 hard shoulder,bargain :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NygGdG4MDE

big boots:
turkish driver behind got £30 fine for parking on m25 hard shoulder,bargain :smiley:

it was a bargain indeed, that’s cheaper than parking at most MSA,s

■■■■■■ myself laughing when his trousers fell down! :smiley:

To be fair the coppers were going “calm down its ok” whilst all tugging and grabbing hold off him lol. If I was in Germany for example and don’t understand a bloody word there saying to me whilst shouting and having half a dozen around me grabbing me I think I’d ■■■■ myself.

I sympathise with the guy.
Have you ever been given some grief by the old bill in a country where you don’t speak the language and you can’t do right for doing wrong?
Well I have!

i wander if he was making a pan of chips ?

It looks like the driver tinks he is being arrested!
And as for the higways guy calling cops because the guy gas a tattie peeler come on, its like playground mentality
Got to sympathise with the truck driver as hes stuck in a jam his hours are running out so he done what is normal for him to do in a lot of other eu countries and stop at the side of the road

Poor bugger imagine if you were in poland and the same kinda thing happened to, I would be proper ■■■■■■ my pants

I have just watched this on you tube before it was posted on here.

here goes for another 156 page debate about parking :smiley: :smiley:

Absolutely no sympathy whatsoever, the hard shoulder is supposed to be for emergency use only, and not to be used as a car/truckpark. i wouldnt dream of parking on a hard shoulder in any country, and dont expect them to do it in the uk, and for far too long they have been getting away with it, now the uk police are sorting the problem out, and on the spot fines is in the right direction, and as for the big cry baby, thinking he could get away with it, by bawling his eyes out, not in my back yard matey, and tell all of your colleagues as well.

They wud not dream of doing this in France or Germany. but in both countries they have a lot more parking areas and as for Russia if you cud find a hard shoulder and parked on it somthing wud prob plough into you

big boots:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NygGdG4MDE

Lets hope he doesn’t try it in an ‘all lane running’ or ‘smart motorways’ section or he could be getting his back doors knocked in sooner than he thinks :open_mouth:

truckyboy:
Absolutely no sympathy whatsoever, the hard shoulder is supposed to be for emergency use only, and not to be used as a car/truckpark. i wouldnt dream of parking on a hard shoulder in any country, and dont expect them to do it in the uk, and for far too long they have been getting away with it, now the uk police are sorting the problem out, and on the spot fines is in the right direction, and as for the big cry baby, thinking he could get away with it, by bawling his eyes out, not in my back yard matey, and tell all of your colleagues as well.

^^^^^^^this hit the nail on the head there ^^^^^^^^^

The priority was to move the truck off the hard shoulder, wasn’t it? So why so much time spent messing about with the guy? The damned truck should have been moved as the priority, the rest could follow on.

Second thing - I didn’t realise that the police are authorised to take cash off you at the roadside - is this new? Wasn’t always the case.

After all the faffing about he prob got his 45 that why he was so happy in the end

Anyone driving regular nights down the M6 & M1 will tell you there are foreign lorries parked up every night somewhere on the hard shoulder and they always get away with it.

If there has been a major hold up in the afternoon its like a lorry park with plenty of British lorries parked up on service area slip roads all the way down to the main carriageways which the police totally ignore.

This instance was only taken further for the sake of the cameras and for the TV audience nothing more and nothing less!

Should have locked him up, that’s what Brit would have got in his country.

truckyboy:

Plus 1.

"bestbooties:
Have you ever been given some grief by the old bill in a country where you don’t speak the language and you can’t do right for doing wrong?
Well I have!

It’s a horrible experience!

No sympathy what so ever ,ignorance is no excuse.As a professional driver shouldn’t you learn the rules of the countries that you drive in■■? I know that in the forces before you drive in any country ( unless you are invading it :smiley: ) that you have to do a matrix test on that countries highway code.As in Europe they have the priority sign for example ,which we don’t

I agree with the pov that he brought the attention upon himself by not taking the time to learn the basic laws for driving in Britain.

However, I believe the situation could have and should have been handled much better, firstly by the HATOs and later by the Police Officers.

It was clear the driver spoke little or no English so surrounding him with uniforms, with anything up to 4 of them pulling at him and talking to him at the same time only made it worse. Nobody took control as they should have done !

What should have happened is 1 person should have taken control, asked all other Officers and HATOs to back off and then using a mobile, got language Line on the phone to explain the situation.