Polish Cpc

I have a polish driver working for me. He has just informed me that his polish cpc has expired and can no longer drive. He has changed all his licences over UK. does he have until 2014 or is he right even though he has now got UK licence. I have tried the DSA but cannot get through.

considering the dcpc hasnt been introduced yet it cant expire. Im not to up to date on polish law but i know in the uk if you complete your dcpc training before 2014 that still gives you till 2019 then you do it again.

Blimey, thought the Poles were mad for it. He’s crying off cuz he ain’t got a CPC that he doesn’t even need yet, least he’s got a driving licence.

Different countries have slightly different rules

Some state that 7 hours per year must be done to keep it current - is that the case in Poland?

It is a bit more complicated than in the UK.

Depending on date, when he passed his class 1/2 test…

10/09/2010 if passed before 31/12/1980
10/09/2011 if passed between 1/1/1981 and 31/12/1995
10/09/2012 if passed between 1/1/1996 and 31/12/2000
10/09/2013 if passed between 1/1/2001 and 31/12/2005
10/09/2014 if passed between 1/1/2006 and 10/09/2009

If driver was aged 18-21 (class 1/2) 21-23 (PCV)when they passed their class 1/2/PCV before 10/09/2009 they have to take 280!!! hours of training containing 260 hours in classroom and 20 hours on the road, road training compromises 16 hours in the everyday traffic and 4 hours in so called special conditions.

I’ve just translated most interesting things, if you want anymore use google translator to read rest of it…

trans.info/message/view/7471.html

BTW it must cost a fortune…

Somebody told me today that the Germans have knocked their CPC start date back to 2016.Don’t know if it’s bs,can anybody confirm it ?

Ramon123:
Somebody told me today that the Germans have knocked their CPC start date back to 2016.Don’t know if it’s bs,can anybody confirm it ?

Ramon

That isn’t the start date…it’s the date existing German LGV drivers have to complete their Periodic Training by. Some EU countries started their 5 year ‘window’ earlier than the UK, some started at the same time & some later. Germany & some of the others chose the latter - in fact the latest start date they could. As I understand the legislation. Its all in this report:

ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safe … ers_en.pdf

Pages 14-18

Polish licence, Polish rules.
German licence,German rules.

Brit licence, Brit rules.etc etc…

Simple i’d a’ thought.

Daz1970:

Ramon123:

Ramon

That isn’t the start date…it’s the date existing German LGV drivers have to complete their Periodic Training by. Some EU countries started their 5 year ‘window’ earlier than the UK, some started at the same time & some later. Germany & some of the others chose the latter - in fact the latest start date they could. As I understand the legislation. Its all in this report:

ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safe … _drivers_e

Pages 14-18

Cheers Daz :wink:

No he can’t drive without the Dcpc.
His UK licence will start from when he transfered it from a Polish one, Therefore he won’t have aquired rights.