Polish citizens only?

I applied for an international class 1 position with a polish company advertising in the UK wanting UK drivers with good English.

well as i am English and i’m in the UK i thought, why not apply!

I get a phone call and turns out the employer only wants Polish Citizens… so that was it… goodbye, sorry for wasting time etc.

■■? very odd

is being an EU citizen not the same as Polish citizen?

And on the flip side of this… if a employer here in the UK stated only UK citizens, you’d soon find him and his compan in court for facing charges of discrimination, splashed all over the media…etc etc

why not report them?

Swampey2418:
And on the flip side of this… if a employer here in the UK stated only UK citizens, you’d soon find him and his compan in court for facing charges of discrimination, splashed all over the media…etc etc

+1
There was a taxi company (from Manchester I think) plastered all over the news and vilified for offering white only drivers to customers who requested it. They got vilified big time for it. Yet near me there is a company who will supply muslim only drivers to their customers “for religious reasons” and I doubt very much this is the only company doing it.
Racism and discrimination only works one way, don’t you know that?

Priest:
why not report them?

can’t be bothered with the crusade.

plus i don’t care enough :frowning: lol

Swampey2418:

They get round this by stating the applicant “must be able to communicate in English to a good standard”,it’s not directly saying no foriegn people need apply so can’t be classed as discriminate.

You know what is really about … dont want UK citizens for a number of reasons… H&S… they got to pay a decent wage…where as with someone polish they can use rates that are paid in poland as a comparison…to crap wages and they dont take much notice of H&S coz its UK rules

Name and shame mate…I dont mind winding someone up…lol

Evolved:

Priest:
why not report them?

can’t be bothered with the crusade.

plus i don’t care enough :frowning: lol

Aren’t anti discrimination laws EU wide? I’m sure it has hurt your feelings, caused you sleepless nights and ruined your sexdrive to be a victim of discrimination in this way. Sue the ■■■■■■■■ and retire! :smiley:

The-Snowman:

Swampey2418:

+1
There was a taxi company (from Manchester I think) plastered all over the news and vilified for offering white only drivers to customers who requested it. They got vilified big time for it. Yet near me there is a company who will supply muslim only drivers to their customers “for religious reasons” and I doubt very much this is the only company doing it.
Racism and discrimination only works one way, don’t you know that?

+1

ask if you get a second chance when taking an english course :stuck_out_tongue:

Sue the ■■■■■ they would do it to you if they had the chance.

Evolved:
I applied for an international class 1 position with a polish company advertising in the UK wanting UK drivers with good English.

I get a phone call and turns out the employer only wants Polish Citizens… so that was it… goodbye, sorry for wasting time etc.

■■? very odd

Do you speak polish?

Evolved:

■■? very odd

wanna work abroad?
just seen a Offer

March till November
driving a Grass Mover to make Silage
$16.- Hour (Taxfree)
(ruffly 6 Day a week with 12 Hour and more)
Travel from UK to Company and back paid
2 Meals a Day Free suplied
Accomontation Free

To apply NOW

Just check Internet

another One

3 Month paid Holiday

__*https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=473013152883764&set=a.457758924409187.1073741828.100005252492937&type=1&theater*__

Markk80:
Do you speak polish?

not a word :smiley:

but i do have a Polish second name from my grandad… so the employer was a little surprised when i answered the phone!

Immigrant:
Grass Mover

is that a thing? is just a truck with grass in the back of it?

Evolved:

■■? very odd

That’s totally illegal and should be reported - they are discriminating on the grounds of nationality and whatever excuse (e.g., Polish-speaking workplace) won’t wash as indirect discrimination is banned as well.

i dlaczego trucker UK ■■■■■ chciał się dowiedzieć to łaciński świnia… rozumiem to w najlepszych czasach…

Grono głupi dranie…lol

Swampey2418:
i dlaczego trucker UK [zb] chciał się dowiedzieć to łaciński świnia… rozumiem to w najlepszych czasach…

Grono głupi dranie…lol

You just got yourself a job! Congrats. :wink:

Swampey2418:
i dlaczego trucker UK [zb] chciał się dowiedzieć to łaciński świnia… rozumiem to w najlepszych czasach…

Grono głupi dranie…lol

Has your cat walked over the keyboard?

Swampey2418:

Grono głupi dranie…lol

I just had to google translate that.

and why trucker UK [ ZB ] wanted to find this pig latin … I understand that in the best of times …

A bunch of stupid ■■■■■■■■