Policing Gene Hunt style

robroy:

tachograph:
When the police are allowed to get away with setting up scroats why would anyone think it will stop there.

If you think bent coppers are OK pray you never become a victim of one.

Once a bent cop always a bent cop.

Sent from my mobile.

Ok, put it this way in this scenario, not connected to the o/p
If some pond life [zb] harmed my wife or any of my family in any way and managed to get away with it on a technicality or a false alibi, I would rather he was got at for something he was very likely to have done, or for a similar or usual type crime he had committed regularly and knowingly in the past, rather than me go for him and end up doing time myself.

It’s a tough world, and being 100% straight down the line never gets you anywhere I have found, sometimes you have to break the rules to get by… or even survive. (Ok…melodramatic I know, but accurate in the real world I have found in life)
The end justifies the means in cases like that in my opinion.
A bent copper imo is one on the make, and benefiting from corruption
One who upholds the law and gets results by sometimes having to bend the rules when dealing with scum, because the system is against him, is fine by me…although a rarity.

The problem with your approach is, that arbitrary treatment, inevitably involves arbitrary goalposts.

We may all agree on the definition of a ‘scrote’, and their treatment (mine involves a bucket of water…), but theres a lot of middle englanders, who would see nothing wrong with ‘those horrible smelly and noisy trucks’ being ‘dealt’ with for ‘driving down our residential street’… or overtaking slowly on a two lane dual carriageway, etc etc.

Give them an inch…

Murrayminor:
I will probably get slated for this but here goes.

If the officer in the video has done wrong (I don’t watch rubbish filmed by the public as it boils my blood) then he WILL be held to account by the powers that be within the Police, no two ways about it, from the comments posted on here he could lose his job for attempting to pervert the course of justice amongst other things.

IF that happens he will get sent to prison for a considerable period of time, and that in itself is bad enough but being a Police officer in prison is not going to be a happy place for him.

I don’t condone any “bent” Police officers actions but I will say the current crop of individuals the police have contact with are feral and do not care what they say or do as they know the courts cannot deal with them.
They will get issued with a fine if they are unlucky, so a Police officer turning up to the 20th job of the day will get narked at the comments and abuse so one officer falling foul of the regulations is to be expected.

Not all police officers are bent, just like not all truck drivers break the Tacho rules so give the guy a break, he is looking at losing his job with the likelihood of prison (incidentally Police officers get custodial sentences as a matter of course for a first offence if they commit a crime, whereas the feral youths will rack up numerous crimes before they are incarcerated) I’m sure he know he cocked up and he will now pay the big price.

He made a big mistake that could end his career and see him spending time inside.

No, not slated. Just disagreed with.

When the people who enforce the rules can break them at will, then we are all in serious trouble. Police officers have a lot of authority and power, it’s only right that they should be held to higher expectations.

There was me thinking that Gene Hunt represented one of the good guys…

Today’s equivalent would surely be whoever takes that Rotherham crowd to task hmm?

WHY are the police only NOW acting in such an over-zealous manner, when just a few months back - we couldn’t get them to crack down on paedos for love nor money?

before you slate the plod for a spontaneous comment mid conversation thats being jumped on and taken out of context,then ask yourself this.
who would you prefer to live next door to…him,or the vermin he is talking to…?

What we need in this country - is a police force that works for the Taxpayers first, and everyone else second.

That would mean for instance,

Local Businessperson backed up by police over Foreign Businessperson
Small Businessperson backed up by police over Non-Dom businessperson
Local Millionaire taxpayer backed up over 2nd home owning tax dodger
Worker backed up over Benefit Claimant
Medical NHS worker backed up over Non-Medical NHS worker
Trucker backed up over Cabbie
Shopkeeper backed up over Tenant
Mortgage payer backed up over Housing Benefit claimant
Older person in same job backed up over Younger person (“Social Seniority Recognized” - Respecting your elders!)

Instead, we have the police supporting those who put the least into this country, and disregarding the complaints of those who first-and-foremost - pay their wages - the British Taxpayer.

robroy:
You of all people in the part of the country you come from should know of the types I’m on about better than anybody…scum and dregs of society of all ages and nationality that make the lives of decent people a misery…who gives a [zb] about that type anyway?
Fight fire with fire, nicking them in any way including by fitting them up makes up for all the crime they have habitually committed in the past and got away with…with the added bonus of getting them off the streets.

Blimey rob this was 1970’s Surrey and Met borders not Peckham and Brixton. :open_mouth: :laughing: They mainly if not exclusively only had white working class to go for.The Rowan Atkinson sketch type scenario was typical victim card propaganda to suit the opposite agenda.
But for for us what it did do was instill a fear of the law which I guess could be a double edged sword.
The Guildford 4 found that out the hard way.They’re Irish that’s enough evidence we’ll fit em up with the rest. :smiling_imp: :unamused: That’s how that extreme always ends up and why they had to clamp down on dodgy law enforcement. :bulb:
Yes sometimes that might create the opposite extreme that the real villains might try to play the victim card but that’s just the price of living in a decent society.

robroy:
If some pond life [zb] harmed my wife or any of my family in any way and managed to get away with it on a technicality or a false alibi, I would rather he was got at for something he was very likely to have done, or for a similar or usual type crime he had committed regularly and knowingly in the past, rather than me go for him and end up doing time myself.

It’s a tough world, and being 100% straight down the line never gets you anywhere I have found, sometimes you have to break the rules to get by… or even survive. (Ok…melodramatic I know, but accurate in the real world I have found in life)
One who upholds the law and gets results by sometimes having to bend the rules when dealing with scum, because the system is against him, is fine by me…although a rarity.

Now supposing that it’s ‘you’ that the copper fits up for doing something on the basis of just a mistaken gut feeling or even malice against you.Why do you think that you’re immune from your own ideas.
While in general the type that would fit people up were/are often also the type that would turn a blind eye for a bung or for anyone in the know, or dodgy information from crims, regarding fitting up another innocent.
Here’s a clue they didn’t try to ban the Law and Order tv series because it showed some violence.

Winseer:
What we need in this country - is a police force that works for the Taxpayers first, and everyone else second.

That would mean for instance,

Local Businessperson backed up by police over Foreign Businessperson
Small Businessperson backed up by police over Non-Dom businessperson
Local Millionaire taxpayer backed up over 2nd home owning tax dodger
Worker backed up over Benefit Claimant
Medical NHS worker backed up over Non-Medical NHS worker
Trucker backed up over Cabbie
Shopkeeper backed up over Tenant
Mortgage payer backed up over Housing Benefit claimant
Older person in same job backed up over Younger person (“Social Seniority Recognized” - Respecting your elders!)

Instead, we have the police supporting those who put the least into this country, and disregarding the complaints of those who first-and-foremost - pay their wages - the British Taxpayer.

To put it bluntly you are talking out of your arse, how would any of the above be put into force?
As for the “we pay your wages” statement, that is usually the last resort a narrow minded individual.
Police officers work just like you and I, pay taxes just like you and I, and pay national insurance just like you and I why do you think you pay their wages?

Carryfast:

robroy:

Now supposing that it’s ‘you’ that the copper fits up for doing something on the basis of just a mistaken gut feeling or even malice against you.Why do you think that you’re immune from your own ideas.
While in general the type that would fit people up were/are often also the type that would turn a blind eye for a bung or for anyone in the know, or dodgy information from crims, regarding fitting up another innocent.
Here’s a clue they didn’t try to ban the Law and Order tv series because it showed some violence.

Me getting fit up?..I don’t exactly fit the profile for the type of crimes or offences committed by the type of pond life I was referring to :bulb: ok I’ve had my moments in the distant past, but I certainly ain’t an habitual petty criminal who continuously flouts the law in my locality, making a downright ■■■■ nuisance of myself to all who live around me. :bulb:

I ain’t condoning nor meaning by any means premier league crime fitting up by the Police, the likes of murder, robbery with violence, or armed robbery, my post was in context with the o/post, …ie… some cheeky jumped up little 2 hat who thinks the law does not applyy to him, so presumably he teararses around town in 30 limits racing his mates, while people are on the streets, maybe a bit of minor dealing on the local car park where young kids are walking past with their mothers, to subsidise his top of the range car, openly carry a knife, making residents lives a misery with constant anti social behaviour…and all the crap that brings with it.

Does anybody really care if a copper who is totally ■■■■■■ off with these tossers habitually from day to day, week to week, getting away with metaphorical murder, sees an opportunity to sort them out?
If the answer is ‘yes’, ok that’s your prerogative to think that way, but you deserve all the agg you get around your towns from these type of scrotes I reckon, so ■■■■ it up.

theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … ter-outcry

Officer suspended, eventually. Looks like the police tried to close ranks to protect him but relented after public pressure.

Nite Owl:
Police officer who threatened to 'make up' offence suspended after outcry | Police | The Guardian

Officer suspended, eventually. Looks like the police tried to close ranks to protect him but relented after public pressure.

Sorry but there is no such thing as closing ranks to protect anyone, each officer has a duty to do the right thing, If a wrong is done then whomever sees a wrong is done it “must” report it otherwise knowingly withholding evidence is just as bad as doing the deed yourself.

The professional standards branch will automatically refer any incident in the public interest to the IOPC.

If an officer sees something that is not right and say nothing they are putting their own job at risk, I wouldn’t risk a job for the sake of anyone.

The officer has clearly made a huge mistake and will no doubt pay the price.

hopefully for the plod in question then being suspended means self isolate for a couple of months on full pay till the media find a new sick puppy to entertain them.

dieseldog999:
hopefully for the plod in question then being suspended means self isolate for a couple of months on full pay till the media find a new sick puppy to entertain them.

+1
All he did wrong was not check to see if some arse hole was filming him before gobbing off. :bulb:

Scrote pond lives 1
Police 0

Another victory for them …and people with lefty do good attitudes.

Don’t expect anti social behaviour issues to change any time soon…(especially in that particular part of Lancashire. :bulb: )

If he gets the boot he’ll more than likely be replaced by a gay ethnic pc PC with a strict left wing liberal agenda, so we can all sleep soundly now. :unamused:

robroy:
Scrote pond lives 1
Police 0

Nope, it’s law and order 1, police corruption 0.

Remember the people who were convicted of the Birmingham pub bombings and were eventually released because of unreliable police evidence, or the Carl Bridgewater killing were again the convicted people were eventually released because the police evidence was found to be unreliable.

I know you’ll see this as left wing snow flakery but as distasteful as it may sometimes seem there should be one law for everyone and that includes the police, when you veer from that principle you’re heading towards a police state where the police decide who they will serve and who they will stitch up.

the cop did not make anything up.
he said as a threat that he could.
arguing with a cop can be construed into several charges if so desired no matter how trivial.
all thats happened is that another scumbag filmed the interaction with heated words and it has now blown out of all mumsnet/snowflake proportion and instead of plod just saying that they dont care and bugger off,then they have to bend to the lefty viewpoint.

as far as the cop is concerned then mabey he will put some spare time swapping comics with angus to see just how far he can go before its a final warning. :laughing:

tachograph:

robroy:
Scrote pond lives 1
Police 0

Remember the people who were convicted of the Birmingham pub bombings and were eventually released because of unreliable police evidence, or the Carl Bridgewater killing were again the convicted people were eventually released because the police evidence was found to be unreliable.

I know you’ll see this as left wing snow flakery but as distasteful as it may sometimes seem there should be one law for everyone and that includes the police, when you veer from that principle you’re heading towards a police state where the police decide who they will serve and who they will stitch up.

But like I said, I ain’t referring to big boy’s premier league crime here, it’s a little ■■■■ house runt (with a capital ‘C’) coming the big man in front of his mates.
You are presumably going to say matter of principle/ it leads to bigger examples of fit up…I don’t agree.
Keep things in perspective this little 2hat did not fire bomb a boozer.

robroy:

tachograph:

robroy:
Scrote pond lives 1
Police 0

But like I said, I ain’t referring to big boy’s premier league crime here, it’s a little [zb] house runt (with a capital ‘C’) coming the big man in front of his mates.
You are presumably going to say matter of principle/ it leads to bigger examples of fit up…I don’t agree.

You’re right, this little 2hat didnt fire bomb a boozer. In fact, this little 2hat didnt actually do anything at all. His simple presence is enough for not only the people on this board to assume he’s guilty, but the police also. Except the police didnt assume he was guilty because they needed to make something up so they COULD arrest him.

[/quote]
But like I said, I ain’t referring to big boy’s premier league crime here, it’s a little [zb] house runt (with a capital ‘C’) coming the big man in front of his mates.
[/quote]
You’re right, this little 2hat didnt fire bomb a boozer. In fact, this little 2hat didnt actually do anything at all. His simple presence is enough for not only the people on this board to assume he’s guilty, but the police also. Except the police didnt assume he was guilty because they needed to make something up so they COULD arrest him.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
fly with crows…get shot with crows…
look and act like a pondlike scumbag and accept the treatment you get.
theres always the option that they have had a previous interaction regarding other matters one or several times before.

robroy:
Me getting fit up?..I don’t exactly fit the profile

Fitting people up, by definition often includes those who don’t ‘fit the profile’, was my point.It’s a slippery slope and in general it doesn’t work.It’s a real be careful what you wish for type can of worms. :bulb:

…if a nation cannot live upto it’s own “Rule of Law” standards, then perhaps it is time to reform Law and Order itself to a new standard based around “Consent”, which oddly enough - was what our OLD standards were supposed to be based upon!!

Instead of “My word against his” - (net result - neither goes to jail, one or two crimes have been committed by either or both sides)
gets replaced by
“My word against his” - (Net result - BOTH arrested, sorted out down the station, one side backs down, out-of-court settlement decided)

There is room to build an entirely new concept of what it is to have “Rule of Law” - which we keep in check by “Policing with Consent” rather than letting all these suits with degrees tell us how human nature works and doesn’t work - when they clearly don’t even have a clue as to how to wipe their own arses, as it turns out…
“Arresting Officers” should be paid the highest amount. They are taking the risks, escpecially with violent criminals.
The criminal they’ve just arrested then gets booked in and logged in the normal way, and it shouldn’t take too long to sort the “Good” cops from the “Bad” ones…

If the Paedo, the Fuel Thief, the Mugger, and the Fraudster routinely get ignored whilst the Protestor, the Disenfranchised, the Re-possessed, and the Loiterer - routinely get taken away in the big white van - we’ll know - won’t we?