Police

Was in Penllagaer services M4 near Swansea at lunchtime to day, and there were about half a dozen patrol cars and armed police everywhere. Two standing at the entrance to the lorry park. Didnt know they cared so much about our security and that of our load. Or is this the new draconian enforcing of the tacho regulations.

If you get to know why, tell us all, we like a bit of scandal!

it must be the second answer and not just tacho offences but also
non payment of road-tax.

I’ll try to find out - it’s only down the road from me!

Well i was there a while. And it seemed that a motor cycle cop would bring a foreign truck and driver in. They would park down the end where all the police were. Then after about ten to fifteen minutes they would leave. Couldn’t see what was happening. But why armed police?.

Perhaps they were working on info received and looking for someone, or something specific?

Whenever you see or hear anything like that, you can’t help but be curious.

A driver must have complained about the facilities and the MSA must have took it the wrong way.

Is there a BK, has Nathan moved?

Apparently, it MAY have been the royal mint lorry. They bring old notes up here to burn, and if the driver needs a p or a break they could be looking after his load while he stops. I know they do have a police ■■■■■■ usually.

If not, nobody seems to know anything specific. Of course it could have just been our wages being delivered :laughing: :laughing:

perhaps it relates to the new legislation regarding the carriage of dangerous goods by road and the possible use of those dg’s against the people of this country in an attack.

It was an armed ■■■■■■ to deliver the wages to Macdonalds :stuck_out_tongue: TONY IS WORKING THERE :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe someone had a bow and arrow in their cab and was over due a break,so due to the fact that the driver was armed the [zb]'s called in a armed reponse unit to check the tacho.Never let it be said that all coppers are not ■■■■■■■■■ :smiley:

if it needs …'s it’s not allowed :wink: Denis F

I know what it was about!

Thay’ve just turned up in response to my incident down there a couple of weeks ago

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9539&highlight=atempted+hijack

but their having trouble finding ant suspects :open_mouth: