police tractor

not a tractor unit, just a tractor.
got stuck behind it between melton mowray and oakham today and thought i was seeing things. still to be fair the driver did pull over to let a few of us past :slight_smile:

lincs.police.uk/News-Centre/ … rtcut.html

cant imagine it in hot pursuit of a fastrac and 20 ton of turnips :wink:

Yaarrp :exclamation: :laughing:

[/quote]
look at the picture above, no one in the drivers seat, so I would say its safe to say its parked, but whats it parked onâ– â– ?

police do they uphold the law or re write it as they go along

chris mc:

look at the picture above, no one in the drivers seat, so I would say its safe to say its parked, but whats it parked onâ– â– ?

[/quote]
I hope this is either a joke or a PR stunt. Surely our hard pressed police have got better things to do that swan around in a brand new tractor… doing what exactly?

EastAnglianTrucker:

chris mc:

I hope this is either a joke or a PR stunt. Surely our hard pressed police have got better things to do that swan around in a brand new tractor… doing what exactly?
[/quote]
In support of Operaton Fusion, Lincolnshire Police’s forcewide initiative to reduce acquisitive crime, a John Deere 6630 tractor has been liveried in Police stripes complete with a blue light on top and it will be the star attraction at various Farmer’s Markets, auctions and events across the county throughout September. Intended to be a crowd-puller, the tractor will draw the attention of the public who can then learn more about the work being undertaken to combat rural crime.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62053&p=750731#p750431

I’m surprised no one has asked if it is using red diesel. Just need to add blue now. :smiley:

Well what ever next eh?! Typical of the British police force though buying foreign :unamused:

Big Jon’s dad:
I’m surprised no one has asked if it is using red diesel. Just need to add blue now. :smiley:

some already do use it :wink:

They want to cut costs in this country so they take away all of our harriers but then spend 100 grand on stupid needless â– â– â– â–  like this. Really winds me up.

FarnboroughBoy11:
They want to cut costs in this country so they take away all of our harriers but then spend 100 grand on stupid needless [zb] like this. Really winds me up.

I think (hope!) you’ll find they’ve just borrowed it or rented it for a while - hope they use it to catch some of the pricks who think a Fastrac with an ancient dolly and single axle homemade lowloader (bent double almost) is a safe and legal way of moving a JCB JS220 down the A1 :imp:

Does it park up on country lanes checking for speeding tractors? :unamused: :wink:

it’s just like the scania in police livery , unlikely to be actually used but it does advertise to the more undesireable drivers , that they’re out there keeping an eye on you & the tractor is no different , the tractor was loaned to the police & are trying to send a message to farmers & theives alike .

Did you know an estimated £50 - £70 million worth of agricultural machinery & plant is stolen in the uk every year & about only 5% of that is actually recovered ?

hardly surprising really , if there’s a tractor in the way of a bin to make my delivery i’ll hop in & move it myself as the keys are in the ignition ! although farms with the newer machinery i see have trackers fitted & the keys are removed. Gone are the days when the like of my 1974 MF 168 are the main targets , today people are after the real top end hi tech stuff & it usually get found in places like eastern europe & the far east.

how many of us see tractors & plant on low loaders on the motorway ? how many of us actually wonder is it’s stolen or not?
a friend on muckaway in gloucester saw a plain white scania R 480 topline with low loader just turn up on site to collect a 20tonne slew, told the site forman it was off hire due to a report of a defect , another was on it’s way to replace it , then loaded it up & just went never to be seen again :open_mouth:

so if yer offered some cash in hand to just take this tractor or digger to the docks , check you got the proper documents for it else you could end up with severly slapped hands

Ello, inspector crowman, i be in hot pursuit of aunt sally. just a minute inspector crowman while iyz putting on my thinking ed.
can i has a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

PC worzel.

We saw it at the national ploughing championships a few weeks back it has been donated by John Deere for the duration of the operation, oh and try and find a genuine british built modern tractor theese days?! The fastrac is only really assembled here

madmatt:
oh and try and find a genuine british built modern tractor theese days?! The fastrac is only really assembled here

New Holland :question:

still built at Basildon :grimacing:

New Holland are not british though!

redbob:
Does it park up on country lanes checking for speeding tractors? :unamused: :wink:

It should pull tractors over that don’t pull over when there’s a layby the size of a football pitch to get into.

madmatt:
New Holland are not british though!

Oi, stop moving the goal posts, you only said british built :wink:

Used to love old Fordsons and Masseys.
Ime an ex tractor fan . . . ba boom tish :stuck_out_tongue: