police tractor

not a tractor unit, just a tractor.
got stuck behind it between melton mowray and oakham today and thought i was seeing things. still to be fair the driver did pull over to let a few of us past :slight_smile:

lincs.police.uk/News-Centre/ … rtcut.html

cant imagine it in hot pursuit of a fastrac and 20 ton of turnips :wink:

Yaarrp :exclamation: :laughing:

[/quote]
look at the picture above, no one in the drivers seat, so I would say its safe to say its parked, but whats it parked on■■?

police do they uphold the law or re write it as they go along

chris mc:

look at the picture above, no one in the drivers seat, so I would say its safe to say its parked, but whats it parked on■■?

[/quote]
I hope this is either a joke or a PR stunt. Surely our hard pressed police have got better things to do that swan around in a brand new tractor… doing what exactly?

EastAnglianTrucker:

chris mc:

I hope this is either a joke or a PR stunt. Surely our hard pressed police have got better things to do that swan around in a brand new tractor… doing what exactly?
[/quote]
In support of Operaton Fusion, Lincolnshire Police’s forcewide initiative to reduce acquisitive crime, a John Deere 6630 tractor has been liveried in Police stripes complete with a blue light on top and it will be the star attraction at various Farmer’s Markets, auctions and events across the county throughout September. Intended to be a crowd-puller, the tractor will draw the attention of the public who can then learn more about the work being undertaken to combat rural crime.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62053&p=750731#p750431

I’m surprised no one has asked if it is using red diesel. Just need to add blue now. :smiley:

Well what ever next eh?! Typical of the British police force though buying foreign :unamused:

Big Jon’s dad:
I’m surprised no one has asked if it is using red diesel. Just need to add blue now. :smiley:

some already do use it :wink:

They want to cut costs in this country so they take away all of our harriers but then spend 100 grand on stupid needless ■■■■ like this. Really winds me up.

FarnboroughBoy11:
They want to cut costs in this country so they take away all of our harriers but then spend 100 grand on stupid needless [zb] like this. Really winds me up.

I think (hope!) you’ll find they’ve just borrowed it or rented it for a while - hope they use it to catch some of the pricks who think a Fastrac with an ancient dolly and single axle homemade lowloader (bent double almost) is a safe and legal way of moving a JCB JS220 down the A1 :imp:

Does it park up on country lanes checking for speeding tractors? :unamused: :wink:

it’s just like the scania in police livery , unlikely to be actually used but it does advertise to the more undesireable drivers , that they’re out there keeping an eye on you & the tractor is no different , the tractor was loaned to the police & are trying to send a message to farmers & theives alike .

Did you know an estimated £50 - £70 million worth of agricultural machinery & plant is stolen in the uk every year & about only 5% of that is actually recovered ?

hardly surprising really , if there’s a tractor in the way of a bin to make my delivery i’ll hop in & move it myself as the keys are in the ignition ! although farms with the newer machinery i see have trackers fitted & the keys are removed. Gone are the days when the like of my 1974 MF 168 are the main targets , today people are after the real top end hi tech stuff & it usually get found in places like eastern europe & the far east.

how many of us see tractors & plant on low loaders on the motorway ? how many of us actually wonder is it’s stolen or not?
a friend on muckaway in gloucester saw a plain white scania R 480 topline with low loader just turn up on site to collect a 20tonne slew, told the site forman it was off hire due to a report of a defect , another was on it’s way to replace it , then loaded it up & just went never to be seen again :open_mouth:

so if yer offered some cash in hand to just take this tractor or digger to the docks , check you got the proper documents for it else you could end up with severly slapped hands

Ello, inspector crowman, i be in hot pursuit of aunt sally. just a minute inspector crowman while iyz putting on my thinking ed.
can i has a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

PC worzel.

We saw it at the national ploughing championships a few weeks back it has been donated by John Deere for the duration of the operation, oh and try and find a genuine british built modern tractor theese days?! The fastrac is only really assembled here

madmatt:
oh and try and find a genuine british built modern tractor theese days?! The fastrac is only really assembled here

New Holland :question:

still built at Basildon :grimacing:

New Holland are not british though!

redbob:
Does it park up on country lanes checking for speeding tractors? :unamused: :wink:

It should pull tractors over that don’t pull over when there’s a layby the size of a football pitch to get into.

madmatt:
New Holland are not british though!

Oi, stop moving the goal posts, you only said british built :wink:

Used to love old Fordsons and Masseys.
Ime an ex tractor fan . . . ba boom tish :stuck_out_tongue: