police scanny

police truck.jpgcomments and thoughts please

its a scumia

dont like the ■■■■■■■ but would’nt mind the light bar for heading home on a friday afternoon

Pretentious, pointless, waste of tax payers money ■■

What kind of comments you looking for ?

NTSA

HTH :unamused:

i just think its a waste of taxpayers money,trying to catch the hard working driver breaking the law,would’nt surprise me if pc angus nairn is behind the wheel,the sad ■■■■■■■■■■ it going to achieve,more money for the goverment in fines no seatbelt,using mobile phone,smoking in your cab just to name a few

I could only echo the previous comments. Maybe its easy to get Scania to sponsor a truck to catch motorists, maybe they could could get smithklinebeecham to sponsor a druggie unit, or Diageo to sponsor a catcha drunk weekend? Or howabout advertising on your FPN…Hi, you’ve just been done for hours offences courtesy of Tachodisc…

madmanjay:
i just think its a waste of taxpayers money,trying to catch the hard working driver breaking the law,would’nt surprise me if pc angus nairn is behind the wheel,the sad [zb],whats it going to achieve,more money for the goverment in fines no seatbelt,using mobile phone,smoking in your cab just to name a few

It’s been in use for over 2 years now. Yes Angus drives it mostly. Having been nicked by him I can tell you straight he’s actually a fair enough bloke. Let me away with a fair and polite caution when he could of nailed my nads good and proper. Actually had a bit of a laugh with the bloke. :laughing:

It’s lent to the relevant police unit by Scania and is not always the same one. They are usually plain, that is a publicity shot set up.

FYI you won’t get a smoking in your cab ticket either as that’s not there problem to enforce.

3/10 for the rant

1/10 for facts

Mike 10/10 for comedy as always :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

IMO I don’t care. Got nowt to hide but judging the pee poor standards exhibited by many HGV drivers these days personally I think it’s a grand idea :wink:

billybigrig:
Yes Angus drives it mostly. Having been nicked by him I can tell you straight he’s actually a fair enough bloke. Let me away with a fair and polite caution when he could of nailed my nads good and proper. Actually had a bit of a laugh with the bloke. :laughing:

madmanjay:
i just think its a waste of taxpayers money,trying to catch the hard working driver breaking the law,would’nt surprise me if pc angus nairn is behind the wheel,the sad [zb],whats it going to achieve,more money for the goverment in fines no seatbelt,using mobile phone,smoking in your cab just to name a few

Some bloke is driving along in his truck chatting away to his missus, not payin attention then hits a car killing two kids, thats fine … But you have coppers out there trying to stop people from getting killed injured, by stopping them and nicking them for breaking the law.

You tell the loved ones of people dead that it is a waste of money and time.if your not breaking the law you have nothing to worry about.

LAW IS THE LAW we all have to abide by it, like a normal copper who ignores a dodgey brake light on a car, could be a person on his way to break into your home.

FACT, Police pulling over cars, vans & Trucks do lead to the arrests of people who have commited crimes and othe offence’s Proactive policing and people say a waste of tax payers mopney

I’m surprised Angus ‘ochayethenoo’ Nairn didn’t go for a Topline

bet the ■■■■■ not limited

For Angus

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
For Angus

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

That’s ■■■■■■■■…Willy Wakner never said that! :open_mouth:

My understanding is that when various forces go out and hire a tractor unit and do the old video thing up and down their local motorway they actually bring in tens of thousands in fines - which more than pays for the tractor hire and possibly catches some people that need catching. Also possibly upsets a few as well.

In a lot of cases - a simple stop for no seat belt or doing some activity in the cab whilst driving brings about many other offences during the check.

From my point of view if they can catch someone who habitually exceeds drivers hours or other such safety things then its all good.

During a fairly recent DCPC session we were discussing Digi cards. I asked to see a drivers card so I could demonstrate something. Openeded his wallet and he had 2 digi cards. One wasn’t his. Seems it was “A lad from the garage” and he was just looking after it for him … yeah alright - if looking after it means using it when you reach 15 hours. These people need catching.

if stopped by one though would have to be cheeky and ask to see his digi card and ask if he had the correct liecence to drive it as it still weighs in at just over 7.5 tonne solo lol

truckerone:
bet the [zb] not limited

Doesn’t need to be. Vehicles used by emergency services are exempt.

taffytrucker:
if stopped by one though would have to be cheeky and ask to see his digi card and ask if he had the correct liecence to drive it as it still weighs in at just over 7.5 tonne solo lol

See above re digi card and Angus has a class1 being an ex OD. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

madmanjay:
0comments and thoughts please

That’s what Trucknet needs more of, someone who is on the ball and doesn’t miss a trick. This must have been seen on every TV programme ever aired from about 2009 :stuck_out_tongue:

discoman:

madmanjay:

Some bloke is driving along in his truck chatting away to his missus, not payin attention then hits a car killing two kids, thats fine … But you have coppers out there trying to stop people from getting killed injured, by stopping them and nicking them for breaking the law.

You tell the loved ones of people dead that it is a waste of money and time.if your not breaking the law you have nothing to worry about.

LAW IS THE LAW we all have to abide by it, like a normal copper who ignores a dodgey brake light on a car, could be a person on his way to break into your home.

FACT, Police pulling over cars, vans & Trucks do lead to the arrests of people who have commited crimes and othe offence’s Proactive policing and people say a waste of tax payers mopney

Thank you so much for thinking of the children. You’re a nice person. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Holy thread revival