Police now searching Sir Cliffs house

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical ■■■ offence.

No arrests have been made and Sir Cliff is not at the Sunningdale property.

Police spokesman Det Supt Matt Fenwick said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.

The search is being carried out by South Yorkshire Police and is not connected to Operation Yewtree.

Police said officers from that operation - set up by the Metropolitan Police to investigate hundreds of allegations in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal - had been notified.

Thames Valley Police said it had assisted the South Yorkshire force with the execution of a search warrant at the property.

Five unmarked cars containing eight plain clothes police officers arrived to conduct the search.

The BBC’s Dan Johnson said it had not yet been possible to get a response from Sir Cliff or his representatives.

And according to the BBC’s Tom Burridge in the Algarve, Portugal, the singer left his home there on Thursday morning and has travelled with his sister to another part of Portugal for a few days.

Det Superintendent Matt Fenwick of South Yorkshire Police gave a statement about the search

The singer, born Harry Webb, is one of the most successful British musicians of all time.

He has sold 21.5 million singles - more than any other male British artist - and is the only performer to have had at least one UK top five album in each of the last seven decades.

He has represented the UK in the Eurovision song contest twice and in 2013 released the 100th album of his career.

He was knighted in 1995 and performed at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in 2012.

He has come out and said he is innocent…but so did Rolf.

An the person who accused him is :question: :question: :question: :question: oh yeah they get to HIDE spineless git :open_mouth:

Police have removed “very offensive material” from his home…I hope it’s photos of naked kids and not new songs he’s written.

Five cars to take eight officers, what a waste of fuel.
You can get five people in a car or take two cars with four people each or use a minibus.
Radio reported he had not been arrested.How could he be,if he is in Portugal.

Whats a living doll then■■? :open_mouth:

The young ones :astonished:

seth 70:
The young ones :astonished:

Shouldn’t be afraid :open_mouth:

Cliffie doesn`t live here anymore. :grimacing: (sorry)

Police took away bags of evidence lets hope it was ■■■■
and not some new music.

Searching his name in conjunction with Elm guest house,super injunction and
Kitty certainly makes for some interesting reading.

Surely not old Cliff too :open_mouth:

If it means I never have to hear Mistletoe and Wine again then I am all for a stitch up.

Is Cliff the celeb who took out an injunction as not to be named as a suspect the other month?

It’s just as well we don’t have capital punishment any more otherwise the trial could be a real cliff-hanger. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to be ■■■■■■■■ abused by a pop star … only as long as it was Kylie Minogue, or even that Siley, Miley or whatever her ■■■■■■ name is :laughing:

I thought it was a seaside tragedy when I saw the headline “Young boy tossed off Cliff”

I used to be friends with Cliff, but “Peado Talk Anymore”

Boom Tish

You never know what’s lurking in The Shadows

See what I did there…OK I’ll go then.

I’d often wondered why he said he liked small speakers

NOVE:
I’d often wondered why he said he liked small speakers

:laughing: on form tonight bro!

robroy:
I thought it was a seaside tragedy when I saw the headline “Young boy tossed off Cliff”

Think this must be the best one in a bad bunch by far :slight_smile: He must be innocent as he’s a devout Christian !!!