Police got it right

I concur with the £30 fine…

Whats the cost to recover :::::

1 dead body possibly more from the resulting accident
vehicle recovery…

£30 to be educated…small price to pay for a life…Highway Code costs less but how many car drivers know it let alone read it !!!

Joining from slip roads is my pet hate…!!! i will endeavour to pull into lane 2 if safe to do so, if not, your gonna need a respray on your offside as you make friends with the trailer !!!

i have to admit that the motorway police do seem to be on the ball. i had one behind me the other day. i didnt know it was a copper but i did notice a car was behind me from around j4 on the M3 until he passed me a couple of miles after j8. there are roadworks between these junctions and a 50 limit in place which is there for the safety of the roadworkers who were on the hard shoulder on the other carriageway so i went through at full steam (55) with this copper behind me which i was unaware of. anyway, he passed and pulled back in so i thought he was pulling me in at winchester MSA but he didnt. he seemed to be after the mercedes which had just passed me instead. im not absolutely sure but i think the driver was on his mobile. either way, the copper must have realised that although i was technically speeding through the roadworks, there was no danger so he left me alone :smiley:

i have to admit that the motorway police do seem to be on the ball

Because they’re ‘traffic’ police. They use the roads all the time and mostly understand what its like to be on the road all day. They also end up seeing what happens when people are stupid without luck on their side.
They’re much more trained than normal police, they’re tacho trained, know the highway code inside out etc unlike normal police. So they’re a lot like the difference between a GP and a surgeon.

i just cant believe what a load of coppers narks we have here. are these really the same blokes who whinged at being caught speeding on the a556 because they didnt realise it wasnt a dual carridgeway?

what if a ratchet strap came loose and was dragging on the ground? a word of advice or a nicking? get real

scanny77:
i totally agree with them. it was a preventative action to discourage a repeat performance. they should have been on the M3 today to deal with the muppet in the 4X4 who was in the middle of the hard shoulder with his back door opened which stretched to the edge of the inside lane. someone was wandering round it ONTO LANE 1!!! they got a blast as i shot past :imp:

im surprised ritchie you didnt jump out with your hiway code. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no no seriousley i agree nick her women think they can get away with murder with a wink and flash off clevage.

what if a ratchet strap came loose and was dragging on the ground? a word of advice or a nicking? get real

That totally depends on the situation, could easily swing out and take a biker out (mmm, not always a bad thing! :smiling_imp: )

Wouldnt be great flailing about in the path of other vehicles, the metal hooks on the end would easily take out a windscreen at 40mph.

IF one did come loose though and you drove for more and a few seconds without seeing it, you could certainly expect a bollocking for not checking you mirrors often enough! :laughing:

PS. Cant speak for others but personally never been done for speeding (because i dont) and dont complain about it.

jj72:

Wheel Nut:
I saw a minibus full of turbans stopped on the M1 with prayer mats pointing to Mecca?

malc, the very last thing a sikh would be doing is praying to mecca :confused: :unamused:

it was my attempt at being politically correct. I didnt want to mention any religion :smiley:

I knew what I had seen, but would hate to be called racist :stuck_out_tongue:

The Police should have given her a warning, a fine is a bit harsh!

If it were my wife, I’d sooner she stop on the motorway to ask Plod directions rather than having to come off the motorway and possibly get lost in some of the more nefarious areas of Birmingham. I’m a ‘brummie’ born and bred and there’s certain areas I wouldn’t drive through - I know where these areas are, this woman doesn’t!

Lucy admonished me, in another thread, making the point that some people don’t have the benefit of 80,000+ miles experience per annum!

i prayed to macca once…i always liked paul mcartneys music...but i would never do it on the hard shoulder... as for that unfortunate woman..i feel sorry for her..i must admit that i have parked on the hard shoulder to look at the map..at a junction for example...i think they were over zealous..and looking for a nick..same as the woman nicked ` for eating an apple…and what about the morons who use the hard shoulder to save queueing up when theres a traffic jam…never any police about then is there…