Police Camera Action - Lorry special

I managed to miss this :confused: is there anywhere i can watch it online? Tried ITVPlayer expecting it to be up already but can’t see it (possibly because it was a special?)

I’m sure it’ll be on the I player Sam. Maybe takes a while to put it there, but it’ll get there eventually.

If not, this is a brief synopsis:

Welsh ■■■■ takes HGV test, pretends to night out. Crashes a simulator. Bald annoying Scotsman rambles about cowboys (poacher, gamekeeper anyone?) Two berks in cafe spout crap. Old rehashed Yank footage shown. The end.

There, aren’t you glad you went to bed early instead? :smiley:

ITV don’t have the “new” episodes of PCA on their ITVplayer thingy, they only have the repeats that are shown on ITV4, I guess we have to wait till its repeated.

the maoster:
Welsh ■■■■ takes HGV test

:laughing: classical!

that’s balls they don’t put new episodes up, no point in having a catchup player then :frowning:

Sam Millar:
I managed to miss this :confused: is there anywhere i can watch it online? Tried ITVPlayer expecting it to be up already but can’t see it (possibly because it was a special?)

Took a bit of finding and you’ll have to download it rather than watching it online, but… you have a PM :smiley:
I’m guessing I’m not allowed to post it here, so if anyone wants a copy let me know and I’ll send you the link :wink: (or ask Sam as he now has it as well!)

the maoster:
I’m sure it’ll be on the I player Sam. Maybe takes a while to put it there, but it’ll get there eventually.

If not, this is a brief synopsis:

Welsh ■■■■ takes HGV test, pretends to night out. Crashes a simulator. Bald annoying Scotsman rambles about cowboys (poacher, gamekeeper anyone?) Two berks in cafe spout crap. Old rehashed Yank footage shown. The end.

There, aren’t you glad you went to bed early instead? :smiley:

Couldn´t of explained it better myself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

arronls:

Sam Millar:

Took a bit of finding and you’ll have to download it rather than watching it online, but… you have a PM :smiley:
I’m guessing I’m not allowed to post it here, so if anyone wants a copy let me know and I’ll send you the link :wink: (or ask Sam as he now has it as well!)

I don’t think there are any forum rules about putting up the link, it has to do with our jobs and will make a topic

arronls:

Sam Millar:

Hi arronls,

I’m with Malc on this… I can’t see a problem by posting a link to that programme.

Since you mentioned “took a bit of finding,” I think it might even save folks a lot of trawling if you’d kindly post the link please. :smiley:

was it me or did it seem abit of a attack on lorry drivers■■? it’s says 1 in 6 accidents involved a lorry then went on about drivers driving tired, but never said if the accidents was the lorry drivers fault or not, just felt abit branded on the arse. Saying that after watching it I did wipe a car out parked on double yellows on a tight junction with my tail lift

I thought it was quite fair in that they also stated something like due to the number of miles put in by lorries the accidents per mile are lower than average. Angus even let off that blatantly illegal driver. It’s always good for the general public to see a bit of what it’s like on the other side and interesting to see how some of the issues of driving for a living are served up for public viewing. Also 'twas bit of a reminder of some of the hazards out there, not that you need it, but all round a good watch.

The thing is how much programs has there been about truckers breaking the law and being a danger on the road? Too much I’d say. Now ask yourself the question how much times there has been a program from the otherside taking the story from us and hearing our views and thoughts on the industry, the law and other road users, answer…Never, well from what I can recall.

I think its about time we put our story/view across and maybe with the help of trucknet/truck & driver we can get someone to broadcast this on tv and turn the tables, everyone not think the same■■?

I was quite disgusted with this programme to be honest…i cant really be bothered ranting on the same old crap (what about car drivers blah blah blahetc) :unamused: but i actually thought this was one of the WORST bits of one sided factually inaccurate pieces of:(and i use the term very loosely) jOURNALISM!!!

1 night out in a truckstop and the welsh ■■■■■ an expert?? :unamused: …in real life though you cant really base the experience of most truck drivers who do the job everyday and are used to it on THAT…surely??

The closing statement was quite hilariously scaremongering and went something like this : “as long as there is a human in control of these lorries then there is a disaster/carnage just waiting to happen”

another totally ridiculous statement was about the Aldi driver who fell asleep at the wheel and crossed the central reservaton on the M61(i think)killing 1 and injuring several…along the lines of Mr ■■■ fell asleep at the wheel crossing the central reservation in his UNLADEN 40 tonne lorry??..what does that even mean??..surely it was a plated ‘44’ tonne truck but it was UNLADEN :unamused: :unamused: …its still gonna cause a lot of carnage loaded or empty but i just thought this was just another example of a programme made for the purpose of scaring ignorant people who believe all the ■■■■ they see on tv and read about in the papers!!! :unamused: :unamused:

pretty much the WHOLE programme was laughable and some of the footage was over 20 years old!!!

■■■■■ the lot of em!!!

dieseldave:

arronls:

Sam Millar:

Hi arronls,

I’m with Malc on this… I can’t see a problem by posting a link to that programme.

Since you mentioned “took a bit of finding,” I think it might even save folks a lot of trawling if you’d kindly post the link please. :smiley:

It’ll be a torrent site or such like, that’s why he doesn’t watch to post it as the lynch mob will be on him.

can someone send me on the link to view it
thanks in advance

Before it was broadcast I thought it would be another demolition job. Even so I was a still surprised how much it was distorted from reality. The moaster’s summing up is totally spot on.

the maoster:

That was one hell of an episode of Hearbeat. :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I don’t think there are any forum rules about putting up the link, it has to do with our jobs and will make a topic

dieseldave:

Fair does, I thought it might be a bit iffy with the copyright thing
here you go :smiley:

Rob K:
It’ll be a torrent site or such like, that’s why he doesn’t watch to post it as the lynch mob will be on him.

It was, but I’m guessing that’s over a lot of peoples heads so I put it up on megaupload, there’s a few hoops to jump through, but it’s a lot easier than trying to explain how to torrent

You didn’t miss much sam it was a load of pish. There was a similar programme on the bbc about lorries it had angus in it too. Well it was almost word for word, same old pish different channel :confused:

what a hit on lorry drivers, apparantly he’d passed his test but driving a volvo rigid on L plates then all of a sudden in an artic no mention of a second test.

If hed done a days work regardless of the fridge trailers running nearby he would’ve slept like a log!

They should’ve renamed the episode police camera tachograph as thats all it seemed to be on about.

Like the idea of a self braking unit, would be ideal for that idiot with those microsleeps he apparently has- open the bloody window get some coffee down you and get on with the job.

No doubt he fell asleep in the simulator from boredom not tiredness- nice use of taxpayers ££ letting angus in a 6x2 scania 480 running up and down the M5, no wonder the country’s broke.

merc0447:
You didn’t miss much sam it was a load of pish. There was a similar programme on the bbc about lorries it had angus in it too. Well it was almost word for word, same old pish different channel :confused:

haha yeah i think i saw that.

anyway thanks for the upload mate! loved the silver scanny they were running about in, very nice.