Poland

Going to Warsaw next week for the 1st time,do i need to buy a vignette/tax ,is it cash or DKV,or have they a box the same as Austria/Czech.Whats the speed limit and are there any border problems at Frankfurt oder as i will be comming from Berlin.Any general tips ?.
Thanks.

HI Brian when you go to the usefull links site there are
some links which will help you one is a link for a polish
site also it is avalible in english, when you buy a vingette you
do not need to pay on the autobahn (MOTORWAYS) in
Poland as this is then covered, by the vingette,
which way are you going to take ,there is also a site for
german trafficsite which also shows the road works,
AT present the A2 HAS QUITE a few on them and it
seem they cause some problems, the WDR radio-
-station is one frequencey that you should have
handy as the traffic reports are every half hour,
if your hear the following STAU–means TRAFFIC-JAM
STRASSE–GESPERRT–** ROAD–CLOSED;
UMLIETUNG — DIVERSION; UNFALLE—ACCIDENT
ON THIS ROUTE you will see a lot of POLICE;BAG(vosa)
ZOLL(customs);
ON the route VENLO-- DUISBURG the roadworks are also
bad, try to keep out of the rush hour traffic around 0700-0830
do you have a OBU unit or are you useing the maut machine,
YOU will need zloytes still for POLAND so it is worthhaveing a few
by the way fuel is cheaper in poland and you are now allowed
to come out with full tanks, be carefull about
bringing too many ciggiesonly allowed 200 ciggies,and
the ZOLL are in abundance
if you have any more questions just post them
and some one will have a answer for you,

At the border you will see the office with the sign “VINETY” or similar spelling.
You will need to buy a week’s worth, unless you plan on staying longer. Can’t remember how much it is- £12, £15, that sort of thing. Not expensive though.

YOU MUST put your registration number and date on the back to validate it.

The only other thing you need to do at the border is passport control.

In Poland the roads are OK but not good. Pull onto the hard shoulder when being overtaken but maintain your speed. Can’t remember the speed limit but basically you will be travelling at the samew speed as everything else- about 40mph.

Lots of low bridges in Warsaw.

Harry has it covered there, You need to run with your headlights on at this time of year and if oncoming traffic is flashing you, that means the Police are waiting up ahead. The roads are a bit like the roads in Ireland, wide, then narrow and bumpy, but they is a lot of new road building and there is a nice motorway near Poznan which is better than anything here. Top tip is once over the border, take everything off the dashboard and enjoy the ride.

Dont forget the Fire Ext for Poland ,and the last test date has got tobe in the last 12 months up to 380euros without :astonished:
Geoff

try www.mapa.szukacz.pl , its a good polish map site , with street map of warsaw , the vignette last time i went was about 18 quid for 7 days but i payed cash for it as well as writing reg on it , put start and finish date on it and when you turn up at peage just hand it to them . drew is right the a2 round poznan is pretty good the same as the a4 further south , have fun mate