Point of order Mods!

F eckin is a swearie? Since when? Even my dear mother used to say F eck on those extremely rare occasions when we annoyed her and she didn’t swear!

44 Tonne Ton:
F eckin is a swearie? Since when? Even my dear mother used to say F eck on those extremely rare occasions when we annoyed her and she didn’t swear!

You want to try playing tiddlywinks on here, each time I flicked the counter it gave me a zb :stuck_out_tongue:

44 Tonne Ton:

Hi 44 Tonne Ton,

I wouldn’t like to say whether that word counts as a swearie in normal language or not, cos IMHO that’s a separate discussion, but I do know that the TN auto censor won’t allow it.

I just tried that word, and I got the ZB treatment too!!

Malc is also correct about the tiddlywink flicky thing. (Without the letter “Y.”)

As another example, I’ve noticed that the word “fork” is OK, but strangely, the auto censor catches it if you use “fork” with the letters “ed” on the end, eg. to describe a snake’s tongue.

As for the how and the why of it all, I’m afraid that we’ll have to wait for a Site Admin to give you that explanation, cos I haven’t a clue how it actually does what it does. :grimacing:

BTW, I’ve moved your question to the feedback forum, because it’ll get a better answer when a Site Admin sees it, whereas it might take a while if I left it in Bully’s.

It’s because of the wild cards used in the auto censor to catch the various ways people try to get round it. Unfortunately this means some innocent words get changed by the censor on occasion.

It’s not as bad as it used to be, on previous versions of this board we couldn’t give directions to Scunthopre or discuss Wogan thanks to the auto censor.

Coffeeholic:
It’s not as bad as it used to be, on previous versions of this board we couldn’t give directions to Scunthopre or discuss Wogan thanks to the auto censor.

That gives a whole new meaning to the old question…

If Ty-Phoo put the t in Britain, then who put the ZB in Scunthorpe?

The answer is TN’s old auto censor!! :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem

Can I swear? :wink:

:grimacing:

Will Cabi:
Can I swear? :wink:

:grimacing:

You can try. But do it a lot and you may end up on pre-mod. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldave:

Coffeeholic:

That gives a whole new meaning to the old question…

If Ty-Phoo put the t in Britain, then who put the ZB in Scunthorpe?

The answer is TN’s old auto censor!! :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Who put the “Arse” in Arsenal ?

I think this one will work, if you google it and place the alternative name in here.

Kolbrand’s Path

Wheel Nut:
I think this one will work, if you google it and place the alternative name in here.

Kolbrand’s Path

What, Cockburnspath? :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Wheel Nut:

Kolbrand’s Path

What, Cockburnspath? :stuck_out_tongue:

he would have to be working real hard.
LOL