Podcasts

After just listening to R2 / 5Live/ local radio etc I discovered Podcasts approx 6 months ago. Bought myself a good quality Bluetooth speaker & it’s transformed my 3/4 hour drives. There’s a podcast or ten for every subject under the sun. Be it history/sport/music/ true crime etc etc there’s many a podcast for everyone. Some are obviously better than others, but there’s some cracking stuff out there. A podcast can last from 30mins to 2/3 hours & the time just flies by. I enjoy such varied podcasts as Real Narcos/Desert Island discs/Popmaster/Real Dictators/What makes a killer/Football Daily/Giant(Spotify)/The Kempcast (Ross Kemp) etc etc.
Anyone have any podcast experiences / recommends etc?

I listen to sports podcasts when driving.

Although have recently ventured over to some ttue crime ones. As you stated it passes the time and beats listening to droning music all night or some nightshift rafio dj droning on trying to fill gaps in the air.

Podcasts are all I listen to now, I’ve given up with the radio, a few shows I listen to
Business wars
They walk among us
Real narcos
Mafia
Lovejoy
Case file
Autopsy the last hours of…
Kingpins
If you type wondery or parcast network into your search they have a good selection of shows to choose from.

Have found them fairly recently on BBC sounds, mostly the science ones. Infinite Monkey Cage is good, Life Scientific isn’t bad and Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry is also good.

Trouble is, I’m having to restrict them now as they only seem to make about 6 a year, so rapidly running out. Especially as they are only 30 mins and most drives are at least 2 podcasts between depots.

Anyone know a decent podcast player? Theres loads on Google store, but a couple I tried didn’t really work. Plus got to find the podcasts.

If you enjoy podcasts consider a subscription to Audible. You have access to free podcasts as well as audio books. I wouldn’t be without it as they make longer drives very pleasant.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I’ve just arrived in the 21st century and started listening to podcasts via bluetooth.
Listen to music stuff on Radio X app, a lot of good new bands on there, and the Chris Moyles podcast.
Also a lot of modern history docs on BBC listen again, came back today listening to the guy who’s father interviewed Rudolph Hess, a two part Children of the Holocaust and the Red Army’s ■■■■ and pillage in Berlin in 1945.
Also listen to Pop master podcast and Gary Davies sound of the 80s,.and football and comedy stuff.

How.s that for a varied interest. :sunglasses: :laughing:

trevHCS:
Have found them fairly recently on BBC sounds, mostly the science ones. Infinite Monkey Cage is good, Life Scientific isn’t bad and Curious Cases of Rutherford & Fry is also good.

Trouble is, I’m having to restrict them now as they only seem to make about 6 a year, so rapidly running out. Especially as they are only 30 mins and most drives are at least 2 podcasts between depots.

Anyone know a decent podcast player? Theres loads on Google store, but a couple I tried didn’t really work. Plus got to find the podcasts.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.player

Ive been using Podcast Republic player since 2013, look for version 19.07.27R online,
podcastrepublic.net/get-it-now
It also has radio and rss reader.
Bbc witness, Joe Rogan, The Amp Hour, How I Built This, Tech Tent, Bbc Click, Crossing Continents, Grounded, Zane Lowe, This American Life

I also discovered podcasts a while ago.

On BBC sounds I’ve listened to loads of episodes of desert isoand dics, very
Some back to the 60’s.

Sniff & Sniff are very funny chatting about cars and various funny crap.

Money box & Martin Lewis are also interesting.

Sod all the radio stations that spout the same rubbish…

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

trevHCS:

Ive used several and find AntennaPod the best. You can find podcasts in the app and subscribe to them, download the podcast episodes on wifi so you dont waste data. A video guide is here youtube.com/watch?v=iBOEZMpspuk

As for podcast to listen to give these a try. Listen an episode to two of each, you might be suprised with what takes your interest. I binged the first lists podcasts when i started listening to them.

Darknet Diaries
Abroad in Japan
The Luke and pete show
How i built this with guy raz
StarTalk Radio
The Infinite Monkey Cage
The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry
Stuff you should know
wrestle me
Reply all

Football ramble
Crime junkie