POA

Is it included in ur duty time 15 hrs
Or not . Thanks scott

Yep, 15 hrs from start to finish maximum including all breaks, poa, delays, jams, breakdowns the lot

These kind of posts are frightening :neutral_face:

merc0447:

:smiley:

happysack:

merc0447:

:smiley:

No its not …

its when they say I thought so :grimacing:

CAMARON:
Is it included in ur duty time 15 hrs
Or not . Thanks scott

Common mistake is people word it as you can do a 15 hour day - nowhere in the regs does it say you can do a 15 hour day. The best way to think of it is you need 9 hours rest in the 24 hour period. (Not everyday)

merc0447:

It is frightening its basic knowledge

I think the Op needs to attend a DCPC course covering POA :smiley: …there again maybe not. Everyone ive attended has resulted in heated arguments and headaches and me coming away no better informed than when I went in.

Shift time (clocking on to clocking off) - restricted by the daily rest rules where no driving, other work or POA can be done
Driving time - set max allowance in any 1 and 2 fixed weeks (fixed ‘week’ = sunday midnight to sunday midnight)
Working time (driving + other work only) = max 60 in a week and 48 average over a number of set weeks

JJ192:

merc0447:

It is frightening its basic knowledge

Scary indeed…What if the ‘correct’ answer to OP’s question was: ‘No - POA doesn’t form part of 15 hour duty time’…would this allow us to work forever■■?

Had a driver tell me he had a warning light on so stopped on the shoulder for precisely 15 minutes and told me he had it on POA, I didn’t realise POA was for when you have a breakdown. Is that a pre-planned breakdown sir?