poa

does a poa where you are being loaded and you dont assist count as a legal driving break ?

No, only break counts as break.

Dont think it counts as a break but poa dosent count as working time as such

so could I put digi on to break instead of poa and be legal ?

yep but people use poa to steach the 6 hour working time rule if you use break your 4 and a half starts again

so if i am being loaded and this takes an hour and i dont assist i can count this as a full 45 min break ?

yeh long as you dont move the truck

ok thank you

be carefull if your using poa on a didgi as once you reach 45 min on poa it will resett your driving time to zero so you will need to check your driving time via a printout mate

its a nightmare lol !!!

massey1200:
its a nightmare lol !!!

No it’s not. Just don’t use POA and no nightmares, simple.

If i start work at 0600 but dont get in unit till 1000 and have a 4hr run but have been sat in canteen waiting for a free unit can i put 3hrs poa thus giving me extra 3 hrs work time,or does poa start from when you start work and no matter what end with a break before 6hr end!
basically i was told by trainers that if you put poa down 1hr then your work time extends by 1hr,for example
start 0600-break by 1200 or 1 hr poa break by 1300?

If you started work at 6 am but didnt o anything till 10 am as long as you no in adavnce about it you can extend the 6 hour working time directive by 4 hours as the poa dosent count as working time the same as a break dosent bit the 4 and a half hour driving rules still apply but poa does count towards the total hours for the day so if you done a max 15 hour day that would still be 6 - 9 pm the only real benifit of poa is that when you calculate your working time in relation to the working time directive the poa dsent count so you keep under the 48 hour rule hope that makes sense

quork:
If i start work at 0600 but dont get in unit till 1000 and have a 4hr run but have been sat in canteen waiting for a free unit can i put 3hrs poa thus giving me extra 3 hrs work time,or does poa start from when you start work and no matter what end with a break before 6hr end!
basically i was told by trainers that if you put poa down 1hr then your work time extends by 1hr,for example
start 0600-break by 1200 or 1 hr poa break by 1300?

Ignore those trainers and get some new ones.

Your time starts when you start. if you are rostered for 6, you will be on pay from 6 and therefore working even if you sit in the canteen until 10am. By 1900 you will be either going home or parked up overnight.

If you are on a digi, it is much simpler to put your card in, (any truck will do), do your circle checks if you have your own vehicle and then go to the canteen. when you are allocated a truck, do the manual entry