POA

Just started a new job at ASDA Skelmersdale & begining to see why why Asda has such a bad reputation arround here.some drivers have been pulled up for NOT having enough POA, i thought POA was not compulsory, but it seems that at this place the transport managers will use your lack of it against you.seems an odd thing to do. So can you be made to use POA if you don`t want to ?

I thought POA was the only way ASDA can survive - used to be called ‘hanging around waiting for a run’

hal56:
Just started a new job at ASDA Skelmersdale & begining to see why why Asda has such a bad reputation arround here.some drivers have been pulled up for NOT having enough POA, i thought POA was not compulsory, but it seems that at this place the transport managers will use your lack of it against you.seems an odd thing to do. So can you be made to use POA if you don`t want to ?

No but it’s the only way they can get enough hours out of you. If you don’t use your PoAs then if you’re doing 5x12hr shifts, you can hit the 26 week 48hr average very quickly and for the employers, that means they have to get agency drivers in whilst you sit at home.

The contract i’m on at Exel.We dont do any POA at all.
They put us on a salary for 48hours a week,So why should we Poa.That would make our working day longer but not getting any extra for it.

I know one company that the drivers accepted a salary and all the Poa that comes with the job.And they do an awful lot of it as they do alot of rdc work.

Then again there are alot of companies that think they are exempt still and are doing nothing about it at all.And the drivers think that if they dont do the 60-70 hours every week they won’t earn a decent wage.
The 48hours was brought in to give us a better work/life balance.but the poa thing has made it as bad as it ever was.

Companies are still paying £6-£7 an hour an making the drivers do max hours.

Tony b