POA Reseting driving time

Wheel Nut:

waddy640:
The problem occurs when you take the card out of the VU calibrated in BST and immediately put it in a VU calibrated in UTC. You then get an overlap. This then shows up on every printout you do, presumably until overwritten at some future date.

No you are mistaken. A digital tachograph must be set to UTC / GMT, it doesnt matter whether that truck is from France, Germany or the UK. If the truck is set to BST, then you must defect it and visit an authorised workshop. If the time is 20minutes incorrect this must also be done before it can be used.

A driver can only alter the clock +/- 1 minute per 7 days

Read the post above about the black spot, that can show the local time so you could set that 3 hours in front in Greece but the printout will still read UTC

wheenut is correct all tacho record utc time, even if you display time is different, as for the poa question its a comman occurence at stobarts because when i worked there they get a hard on over poa and if you stop on poa for over 45 minutes it will reset your time, so newbie drivers to the stoneridge digi always get caught out, its also the same if you scroll to fast through the break,poa.work.options it dosent always record your break. i got a few confetti infringements because of it. now i just dont use poa at all dosent matter who am driving for, vosa dont care if you have had 4 hours break but they love to find you breaking the rules.

What the tacho should do and what is does are two different things. If it is not set up correctly and is never reported then one day someone has this problem. The vehicle is eleven months old.

I logged in the VU and logged out 25 minutes later, I then logged in on second VU and that showed me starting 32 minutes earlier than the first one. I then got a 57 minute overlap which has been shown on the printouts ever since.

The workshop manager insisted that it was legal. If I get that vehicle and it has not been recalibrated then I will refuse to use it.

waddy640:
What the tacho should do and what is does are two different things. If it is not set up correctly and is never reported then one day someone has this problem. The vehicle is eleven months old.

I logged in the VU and logged out 25 minutes later, I then logged in on second VU and that showed me starting 32 minutes earlier than the first one. I then got a 57 minute overlap which has been shown on the printouts ever since.

The workshop manager insisted that it was legal. If I get that vehicle and it has not been recalibrated then I will refuse to use it.

I got caught out by this, it took several weeks to get it sorted, as they couldn’t figure why I defected it in the first place! :unamused:

Does anyone know how you get the infringement “wiped” from your card legally of course? :wink:

howatsi:

waddy640:

I got caught out by this, it took several weeks to get it sorted, as they couldn’t figure why I defected it in the first place! :unamused:

Does anyone know how you get the infringement “wiped” from your card legally of course? :wink:

I had the same problem, they could not understand why I had a problem with it. Even after showing them a printout covering the same period in a day twice. Strangely enough the admin did not notice that the regular drivers timesheets did not tally with the printouts, which have to be attached to timesheets.

I assume the “infringement” will remain until there is enough data to overwrite it.

ROG:

can leave your vehicle

What the 'eck has that to do with anything :question:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Everything in relation to this topic.

ROG:
All that in the quote from the last post was probably written by a certain wind instrument :laughing:

Don’t think so, not seeing any trumpet evidence in the quote after a quick read through.

ROG:
I can’t talk really as a certain member probably thinks that I am the equivalent of a whole section of wind instruments :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only confirmed by your first comment above. :unamused: :unamused:

waddy640:

The workshop manager insisted that it was legal.

Workshop manager is a trumpet and not really qualified for his job title. If the time on a VU is out by more than 20 minutes from UTC then it must visit the workshop to be recalibrated. In this situation, and it will happen if the two VU’s are out by a only minute, then you should get an error code 45. Error code 45 means the VU is trying to write data to a card where there is already data for that time period.

waddy640:
I assume the “infringement” will remain until there is enough data to overwrite it.

Yep, and on the card that could be several months. Even after it is gone from the card it will likely remain on the VU.

Coffeeholic:
Workshop manager is a trumpet and not really qualified for his job title. If the time on a VU is out by more than 20 minutes from UTC then it must visit the workshop to be recalibrated. In this situation, and it will happen if the two VU’s are out by a only minute, then you should get an error code 45. Error code 45 means the VU is trying to write data to a card where there is already data for that time period.

In this situation Neil, I presume that unless the synchronisation is only one minute then the vehicle has to visit the workshops immediately, or can 2 printouts be used in the same way as you would with a damaged card until you get to a tachograph calibration centre?

I just had a thought about this error code 45. We had a similar thing when we used to nick the hour on an analogue unit, trying to record over the top of a trace :laughing: :laughing:

The BAG were quite good at spotting the error of our ways :blush:

Wheel Nut:

Coffeeholic:

In this situation Neil, I presume that unless the synchronisation is only one minute then the vehicle has to visit the workshops immediately, or can 2 printouts be used in the same way as you would with a damaged card until you get to a tachograph calibration centre?

For a few minutes it doesn’t have to be recalibrated immediately, obviously it makes it easier if it is done but it only becomes a must when it reaches 20 minutes AFAIK. You wouldn’t need to make printouts in this case. As I understand it the VU will write both activities, from the different vehicles, to the card as separate entries even though there is a time overlap, the error code is just a warning and the ‘old’ data from the previous vehicle won’t be overwritten.

ROG:
Doing 3 X 15 mins breaks also seems to reset the driving time when it should not do that as from 2007 the reset time is 15 + 30 - old software again !!

As has been mentioned before on here that is not a fault with the software. The VU is not only used to drive under EU rules and resetting after 3 x 15-minute breaks might indeed be correct at the time.

Coffeeholic:
For a few minutes it doesn’t have to be recalibrated immediately, obviously it makes it easier if it is done but it only becomes a must when it reaches 20 minutes AFAIK. You wouldn’t need to make printouts in this case. As I understand it the VU will write both activities, from the different vehicles, to the card as separate entries even though there is a time overlap, the error code is just a warning and the ‘old’ data from the previous vehicle won’t be overwritten.

Perfect. I doubt the situation will arise, but if it does I will know what the answer is.

Thanks. It makes perfect sense.

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
Doing 3 X 15 mins breaks also seems to reset the driving time when it should not do that as from 2007 the reset time is 15 + 30 - old software again !!

As has been mentioned before on here that is not a fault with the software. The VU is not only used to drive under EU rules and resetting after 3 x 15-minute breaks might indeed be correct at the time.

:bulb: maybe future units will incorporate an option for selecting which regs are being used at the time and the software will be set correctly for each - EU, AETR or possibly domestic :bulb:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

:bulb: maybe future units will incorporate an option for selecting which regs are being used at the time and the software will be set correctly for each - EU, AETR or possibly domestic :bulb:

Very unlikely, obviously too much scope for error/fiddling if that was an option. It really doesn’t matter what the display is telling you, it’s the data which is the important thing and as long as you comply with the regulations regarding driving, breaks, rest and so forth then the data will be correct irrespective of the display or whether it has reset the driving time counter or not.

Still waiting for your answer on this thread, wondering what your thought process is/was as regards thinking there was a problem with my answer?

Coffeeholic:
Still waiting for your answer on this thread, wondering what your thought process is/was as regards thinking there was a problem with my answer?

I suspect you could be in for a long wait on that one, I think ROG was having a bit of a “moment” with that reply :smiley: :wink:

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

I suspect you could be in for a long wait on that one, I think ROG was having a bit of a “moment” with that reply :smiley: :wink:

I know, doesn’t hurt to ask though. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: