POA re-setting driving time

I’ve been searching the forum for a definitive answer on this but can’t find one, so, Coffeeholic, if you wouldn’t mind…

Am I correct in thinking that although a POA exceeding 45 mins resets the tachograph driving time to zero, this doesn’t count as “break” (given that POA is neither break or working time).

e.g drive 2 1/2 hours, POA 2 hours. Tacho resets driving time to zero however a break of 45 mins is required after a further 2 hours driving time indicated on tacho.

MAT:
I’ve been searching the forum for a definitive answer on this but can’t find one, so, Coffeeholic, if you wouldn’t mind…

Am I correct in thinking that although a POA exceeding 45 mins resets the tachograph driving time to zero, this doesn’t count as “break” (given that POA is neither break or working time).

e.g drive 2 1/2 hours, POA 2 hours. Tacho resets driving time to zero however a break of 45 mins is required after a further 2 hours driving time indicated on tacho.

POA does reset the driving time on the tachograph but has no bearing on your actual driving time breaks, so you need to keep a record of what driving time you’ve done or better still use break instead of poa.

edit:
Sorry it took so long for your question to be answered :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

When I said, Coffeholic, I actually meant - or Tachograph. So thank you for a very quick response and confirming what I thought was correct.

I agree about using break instead but the company want POA for some reason. It’s a pain as well because it means having to keep a manual record of driving time (and WTD time for that matter). You can be easily caught out as I was recently which incurred a 4 minute over run. Interestingly however, it was not flagged as an infringement :confused: Presumably because the software being used to analyse digi card downloads is doing the same as the tacho and resetting the driving time after a 45 minute POA :question:

Doesn’t really matter if the company want POA or not, if you don;t know the likely duration in advance you can’t book it so just make sure you never know how long you are going to be waiting. Sorted.