POA question

If you had POA for (example) 6 hours, would you require a break? I always thought you didn’t, I’ve always looked at POA as clock stop. The planners/TM here seem to think that you do.

Is there any links available to info that confirms otherwise?

Never mind I’ve done a bit of digging and found what I’m looking for. I’m right they’re wrong.

just remember that you need to know of any poa that you might have at the start of you working day not that its enforced. me I stick it on break (legal) all the time now instead of poa as its not required to know and it and it covers my break times and I still stop for a break if I want

Tarrman:
If you had POA for (example) 6 hours, would you require a break? I always thought you didn’t, I’ve always looked at POA as clock stop. The planners/TM here seem to think that you do.

Is there any links available to info that confirms otherwise?

If you started at 6am and was on POA from 06.30 until 12.30, you would have to have a WTD break by 15.00

Frazer smith:
just remember that you need to know of any poa that you might have at the start of you working day not that its enforced. me I stick it on break (legal) all the time now instead of poa as its not required to know and it and it covers my break times and I still stop for a break if I want

Why would you need to know about any POA at the start of the day ?

tachograph:

Frazer smith:

Why would you need to know about any POA at the start of the day ?

^^^^^^ This

“THE DURATION OF WHICH” is the magic words you are looking for.

selby newcomer:
If you started at 6am and was on POA from 06.30 until 12.30, you would have to have a WTD break by 15.00

Why?

If the driver did not finish until say 1900 then a 15 min break would be needed for RTD at 1800

ROG:

selby newcomer:

Why?

If the driver did not finish until say 1900 then a 15 min break would be needed for RTD at 1800

Can only work a max of 9 hours without a break no matter how much POA youve had is the way I understand it

selby newcomer:

ROG:

selby newcomer:

Why?

Can only work a max of 9 hours without a break no matter how much POA youve had is the way I understand it

Thought you might get the wrong end of the stick on that

There are two choices - not both
Either the work in a shift is between 6 and 9 hours = total of 30 mins
OR
The work in a shift is over 9 hours = total of 45 mins

There is no rule which states where the work in a shift is over 9 hours that a break must be taken for the 9 hour work point

ROG:

selby newcomer:

ROG:

selby newcomer:

Why?

Thought you might get the wrong end of the stick on that

There are two choices - not both
Either the work in a shift is between 6 and 9 hours = total of 30 mins
OR
The work in a shift is over 9 hours = total of 45 mins

There is no rule which states where the work in a shift is over 9 hours that a break must be taken for the 9 hour work point

Well, you learn something new every day, cheers Rog ☺